• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can I stop bun eating Plaster

Missy

Warren Scout
Hi

Any advice on stopping a bun eating plaster Millie is wrecking the house she's chewed nearly every corner down to the metal :?

I've tried the usual rubbing with soap and rubbed albas oil near the area to see if it would deter her but no luck.
I've put mesh arond the corners of the room they are in but don't want them all round the house, I'm hoping she'll grow out of it, O/h is not pleased and I'm getting the blame :roll:

Flopsy is an outdoor bun but he has had a nibble of my plastered walls when he comes in. I just try to cover all the corners with boxes but if you bun is an in door bun this won't be of any help!:oops:

chasing Alvin away when he even looks at the wall is the only way ive found.... he has favourite wallpaper spots so its easy to tell when hes gonna be a demon..... and when i cant watch him he goes in his cage....

My bun is also indoors & has a bad habit of going in search of wires to chew...the only way i've been able to stop him doing it is to watch him like a hawk while he's out & when i see him going near a wire, i say in a loud firm voice 'no' which makes him back off, its slow, but he's getting better - maybe you could try something similar?

My bun is also indoors & has a bad habit of going in search of wires to chew...the only way i've been able to stop him doing it is to watch him like a hawk while he's out & when i see him going near a wire, i say in a loud firm voice 'no' which makes him back off, its slow, but he's getting better - maybe you could try something similar?

lucky you.. Alvin gets worse if i tell him no.. he gets faster knowing ill be along to shift him :rolleyes:

Hi

I do shout "No" at her and clap my hands, it used to work for my other buns but she's wise to it now and like Alvin waits for me to move.

I've got the water spray gun out but feel so mean if I use it, was going to aim for near her rather than actually at her and hope the splash back is enough to stop her.

Anyone found anything smelly that deters them?

Hi

I do shout "No" at her and clap my hands, it used to work for my other buns but she's wise to it now and like Alvin waits for me to move.

I've got the water spray gun out but feel so mean if I use it, was going to aim for near her rather than actually at her and hope the splash back is enough to stop her.

Anyone found anything smelly that deters them?

Alvin likes the water spray, he ignores it and white vinegar he just waited for it to dry.... ive given up trying to deter him actually.. i just paint over the areas of missing wallpaper :roll:

maybe if you distract her with a treat instead so she forgets to be demonic.... ive read that works but i always forget and yell instead :oops:

maybe if you distract her with a treat instead so she forgets to be demonic.... ive read that works but i always forget and yell instead :oops:

Is that not rewarding bad behaviour :lol: :lol:
worth a try though.

I think I need a long feather duster, she hates her belly being touched so I could tickle her tum with it if she went near the edge of the wall. :lol: :lol:

Main problem is they live in Utility room and have to go through kitchen, past dining room & hall to get to the lounge she gets distracted on the way - I think I'm too soft and should probably limit their freedom a bit.

Is that not rewarding bad behaviour :lol: :lol:
worth a try though.

I think I need a long feather duster, she hates her belly being touched so I could tickle her tum with it if she went near the edge of the wall. :lol: :lol:

Main problem is they live in Utility room and have to go through kitchen, past dining room & hall to get to the lounge she gets distracted on the way - I think I'm too soft and should probably limit their freedom a bit.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: let me know if a feather duster works :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is what I would do: At the spots that he visits, put a cotton towel there. This trick works for me 100% of the time

This is what I would do: At the spots that he visits, put a cotton towel there. This trick works for me 100% of the time

ive got towels up all over the house :oops: the one in the kitchen gets shifted out of the way, its crumbly wall now :roll: :roll:

he only seems to eat our wallpaper when hes punishing me.... its deffo an attention thing for Alvin rather than the love of tasty wallpaper

I put opened out cardboard boxes along the skirting boards, and just replace them as they get chewed. Doesn't look great but I'm not house proud :lol:

You could try squirting her with water ( the kind of bottles that have a nozzle gun attached are good ). Eventually she may get the idea that chewing wallpaper equals getting wet and desist ;)
Taz

Back