• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yes another boring hay thread!!

At the moment I must admit I get Flopsy Timothy Hay from P@H because I haven't a clue where to get it anywhere else. :oops:

Are there any suppliers in the North East of England? Am I better off finding a farm that sells it? Am I better off buying it online?:?

I have been online and I am baffles by the amount of different types there are. I know he likes the Timothy Hay but guess the stuff you get online is better but there are so many different types of that!:shock:

Someone please help and point me in the right hay direction.:D

any of the sites that get mentioned on here have great hay choices.... bunnybasics and hay experts do all the good ones and hay experts even do a sample pack so you can see what your bun likes the most... beware tho Alvin went mad for the really expensive sample..... £4 ish for 400g!!! lolol

Hi :wave:

Everyone has different thoughts on hay and it depends what your buying but
I buy bales of hay £3.50 a time from farms/stables, I mainly use this in the litter trays I used to buy bagged hay but found the bales so much better and the buns ate lots more of it.

I do buy hay online mainly the different Oxbow hays but I have tried the West wales Willows and the canadian timothy too.
The expensive on line hay is only put into their hayracks or in separate tubs, it's too expensive to poop on :lol: :lol:
The only hay my two dislike is the Brome one.

Every bun is different and what one likes doesn't mean another will :)
I think some of the websites (maybe Hay Experts & west wales Willow) let you have samples of each hay so bunnies can see what they like before you buy a lot of it.

HTH :)

My two love the Timothy hay from www.dustfreehay.co.uk Its not too expensive when bought in bulk, I've bought loads of it. They also do meadow hay in bags or by the bale and straw too. I find the hay from hayexperts too expensive really, especially in the quantities my two eat them! Cheapest hay will be from a farm or riding stables I would think, but I don't have any local ones and the dust free stuff is really nice.

Many thanks I have been spending some time checking out the bunnybasics, hay experts & dustfreehay.

Think I may wait for the next couple of days until I find out if Flopsy has bonded and try to get some info from Jem's mum as to what she is on.

They all look much better and greener than the stuff I get but Flopsy still seems to love it.:shock:

Back