• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

make up tested on rabbits

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
I read in the paper today that rabbits are no longer going to be used to test make up on, saving some 40,000 buns each year. Im really happy :D :D :D

I was going to post about this earlier, but couldn't find a link.Great news, now they just need to see sense & ban testing on all animals :D

Just reread the article it's all chemicals used in cosmetics will be completely banned and it will save 20,000 rabbits and 480,000 mice a year.

Yeah, it will come in for the EU. What worries me is some of these companies will relocate elsewhere in the world as it is too proffitable to go out of business. Don't get me wrong, it's a great step forward, but we need a worldwide ban to save all animals from this testing. America is a massive animal tester, so I am hoping the companies don't test the products over there and sell them here. There should be a rule to stop that loophole hopefully.

Apparently modern science is so advanced that skin for such tests can be grown in labs from just a few cells, therefore meaning the use of live animals is now unnecessary. Yay :D

oh that's brilliant - it's so stupid needing to test new products on animals by law, when the ingredients have been tested a million times already. I don't buy cruelty-free but I buy established stuff that was tested many years ago - same difference as a lot of cruelty-free is just stuff that was tested years ago.

Back