• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

kisses, kisses,kisses!

gil

Mama Doe
my new rescue bun dusty is very affectionate and gives me loads of kisses on my face. she jumps up on the settee next to me and spends ages giving me kisses :D then she gets horny and makes wee noises and tries to get on top of my head......
she is being spayed tomorrow so don't think i'll be getting many more kisses after that!
does anyone else's bun behave in this way? i have 6 other rabbits and none of them are as affectionate as dusty although 2 of them kiss my hand in the morning and another grooms my hair for me.

You will still get kisses after her spey (once she feels better). Whilst they are often a preliminary to mating they are also a submisive gesture and a sign of genuine affection....if she see's you as her 'dominant parner' she will still want to groom you, ita an important part of a rabbit relationship.

Just be sure to return the favour with nose rubs and ear tickles!

she gets plenty of those.....:) i've never known a rabbit that would sit all day and be petted! she's really sweet :D at the moment she is just lying outside her cage while we bustle about getting the house tidy for visitors later on. if i stop to pet her she's quite content just to lie there and be petted........

Back