• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys/ safe snuggle for young bunny

riftzone

Young Bun
Hi,

I'm after some advice for looking after my young boy Merlin, he's 12 weeks old and lives outside, he lives alone and I'm not allowed to get him a wife which I know is the ideal set-up. I was thinking about getting him a snuggle safe for winter although he currently sleeps in a large "hide n Hay roll" which is in his hutch as he decided to turn half of the sleeping area in to his toilet area.

Also would putting a soft toy in keep him company and something to snuggle up to at nights, he has lots of hay and his hutch has a snuggle cover to help keep him warm.

He is happy and full of life with the cheeky habit of stamping his feet when in his travel box at the vets so has personilty...

many thanks for any advice/help

It depends on the bun really. I have four and only one likes the cuddly toy (she grooms him too)... you would just have to be careful that Merlin didnt eat it.
I decided to get a huge cuddly bear for Charlie (when it was just him with us) for when he came out of his neuter op to snuggle up to, comfort etc... but he just decided to chew it!! :shock:
What about a cat bed/igloo type thing, that he can snuggle into? Wonder if that would work. Again with material its a case of them not eating it...:roll:

My single bunnies all ahve a teddy, they dont just groom it but, er, take out their frustrations on it too.... :oops:

A snuggle safe is a great idea and make sure he has lots of very deep bedding to snuggle into, can you fill uis tunnel with hay or straw?

Also putting a small A4 sized cat litter tray into his sleeping area on the spot where he pee's will help litter train him and cleaning that out everyday should encourage him to use one spot, keeping him dryer, warmer and cleaner.

thanks

Thanks for the help/advice, he loves chewing anything so it makes life interesting. I'll try adding a bit more hay to the hay roll and I'll get a suggle safe for him.

Rach

Back