• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

All bunnies being speyed on Monday - U/D keeping in overnight

vicki267

Mama Doe
Hi Just a thread on behalf of my baby Kira and Lionheadluvers girls, all going in for their op's on the 3rd!

Lots of nose rubs needed please :(

Last edited:
Thank you!

Just noticed that there are loads of other buns being speyed tomorrow too!

I'm all prepared now except her packed lunch and extra pellets incase the vets keep her in.

Have put some old towels in her carry case and a toilet tube filled with hay so at least she has some to nibble on which wont get stuck to her. Will put her rattle in with her too so at least something smells of home :(

Have tried to plan my day so that it goes quick, the vets are about 30mins away from me so will spend about 1.5-2 hours cleaning the animal cages out when I get home and making her cage nice and comfy for her. I have made a hay box (cereal box with a hole cut out) so that she still has the hay but wont sit on it! :roll: It stands up nicely next to her litter tray too!

Will keep you all updated

Dropped her off at 8:30am :cry: I feel like poo!

Tried to be as busy as poss today, went into pets at home on way back to buy the animals some xmas pressies and a snugglesafe for her to use in the car and when home.

They seem to think most rabbits are kept in overnight (if they dont eat or poo) so I'm probably not even going to see her tonight :cry:

On the plus side though, they did say I should hear from them by 1pm to let me know how the op went, I was expecting them to say 3pm :D

We dropped off Sunnie an hour ago. She wasn't very happy. :( Fingers crossed for all the girlies today.

Lol Kira went all shy, she wasnt her usual happy bouncy self this am, think she knew what was coming lol.

I keep hearing Arnie knock his ball about and keep wondering which rabbit it is.... Doh :lol:

Just heard from the vets - She has had her op and is just waking up.

They are keeping her in overnight though - To keep an eye on her gut movements etc. I know it is best for her but I really wish I could see her and look after her tonight as I feel so useless and wont be able to sleep :cry: :cry:

awwww it must be hard... but shes in good hands they have staff all thro the night so shell be watched im sure... maybe theyll let you pop in and visit her to put your mind at rest...

I wish I could visit but they are about 12 miles away from me and I need enough petrol left to pick her up in the morning :(

I have her snugglesafe here :cry:

Glad everyones buns are doing well!

My vets called again at 5:30 to confirm Kira definately isn't coming home tonight and may even need to stay tomorrow night :shock: :shock:

I feel so useless and just feel that although she is in the best place should an emergency occur she would be better at home in HER cage with the people SHE loves and trusts, it must be so stressful for her being sore and in a strange place.

They dont want to let her go until they have seen gut movement and she has eaten, which I agree is good but find it weird that other vets let the rabbits go home without any signs of eating etc.

IMO it does show that the vets care but I do feel that I want her home by tomorrow evening for her own comfort.

She is being pumped full of gut moving drugs, pain killers and is being syringe fed. She also has some pellets, curly kale and spring greens in there to tempt her.

Should she be eating and pooing by the morning after receiving the above treatment?

I just brought Sunnie home. She is eating and pooing, but quite tired, as expected. I think she'll be ok. :D

yaaay thats brilliant :D :D

Glad everyones buns are doing well!

My vets called again at 5:30 to confirm Kira definately isn't coming home tonight and may even need to stay tomorrow night :shock: :shock:

I feel so useless and just feel that although she is in the best place should an emergency occur she would be better at home in HER cage with the people SHE loves and trusts, it must be so stressful for her being sore and in a strange place.

They dont want to let her go until they have seen gut movement and she has eaten, which I agree is good but find it weird that other vets let the rabbits go home without any signs of eating etc.

IMO it does show that the vets care but I do feel that I want her home by tomorrow evening for her own comfort.

She is being pumped full of gut moving drugs, pain killers and is being syringe fed. She also has some pellets, curly kale and spring greens in there to tempt her.

Should she be eating and pooing by the morning after receiving the above treatment?

i do hope so then you can get her home... sendin loads of comehome soon vibes for your little gal xxx

My vets give me the option of keeping a rabbit in after a GA if they have not started eating/toileting but they know I have the medication and experience to offer critical care nursing at home so dont worry about releasing them.

I personally think its better for the rabbit to be in familiar surroundings but ONLY if the required medical help is on hand as well.

Back