• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H is great!!!!!!

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Just went for my first time. It's a huge place and it has everything a pet owner could wish for. I got a Snugglesafe heatpad and a tunnel for the bunnies. I found the hay and straw and it was £3 for 1kg for timothy hay(TH), whereas on Hay experts, it's like £9!!!!! Although, the TH at P@H is not very green (it looks more like meadow hay!!!). Does anyone feed their bunnies on P@H hay? I think I'm going to buy the hay and straw from P@H from now on. Saw some cute bunnies. Some REWs, a black, a brown and white and some guinea-pigs too (they weren't in with the rabbits).

Does it smell OK? There has been some awful hay about lately :roll:

I think we were donated some P@H hay once....Im not sure but I think it had quite a stringy texture to it rather than flat blades.

I have a bag of hay from there I was donated, it is very brown and made up of small pieces which really dont smell of anything. The bale of hay from my local non livestock selling pet shop which cost me £5.50 has lots of green long bits and smells lovely.

I didn't buy it so don't know, but it looks like the meadow hay i get from hay experts. It was yellow and had bits of mud in it. The hay and straw i get from HE had bits of mud in it because of the bad summer, i guess?!

The straw looked fine. It came in a large bale but it didn't say how many kgs that was. Does anyone know?

even tho its brown ive found its not half as dusty as the imported green stuff from the hay experts.... my lungs hurt when i have to deal with it.. and i cant tell whether Alvin sorts thro for the brown stuff (pets@home) or is enjoying the green stuff more..... i dunno what im gonna buy next time :? :? :?

Problem: my local P@H don't stock science selective; the hay I use is still as expensive as everywhere else...

And after getting Lucifer from there and getting her a bag of the P@H Junior pellets which she was supposedly eating and then having to taker to the vets with GI a few days later for not eating them...
And with Nyx still being uncomfortable with even being touched from the way he was "handled" in there...
Plus they clearly never brush their lionheads...

My rabbits won't TOUCH the P@H hay. The texture is really unpleasant, thin, and feels almost damp. No nice 'fresh hay' smell, either. I had a small bale that my husband got me awhile back as an emergency when I ran out, and I ended it up using it for bedding as they wouldn't EAT it!:roll:

I dont know what the quality etc is like - but mine never really ate much of it. since i started getting farm bales they cant get enough of it. I think if your buns like it then theres no harm in it though - mine are just fussy *******!!! :D

mine eat it, but they prefer fresh stuff which i get off the farm. i get a gigantic bale which feeds 4 bunnies huge ammountsd each day for 6 weeks! £3 a ble every 6 weeks.

I'm now thinking of getting hay and straw from my local pet shop cos when I got some last time, it was really nice. They have meadow hay, barley straw and excel forage hay(looks a bit like timothy). Do you think this is the best way to go? Also, if I run out, all I got to do, is pop down the road.

mine eat it, but they prefer fresh stuff which i get off the farm. i get a gigantic bale which feeds 4 bunnies huge ammountsd each day for 6 weeks! £3 a ble every 6 weeks.

:shock: :shock: I need to train mine better. They are hooked on pure pastures hay....£3 a bag! you've got it good lady :lol:

Sorry but thats the way it is.

We never spend any money in any establishment that sells rabbits, period. We're usually too busy dealing with said establishments now unloved and unwanted by products.

Hay you tried dustfreehay? Their stuff is amazing my mum brought it for Phoebe and Richie and they eat so much more of it now. I brought pah hay when i first got Lionel as i didn't know any better at the moment he has a bale of meadow hay from a local garden centre but i will be moving to dustfreehay next :D

Mine were eating P@ H Timothy, when I couldn't get the Ox Bow Timothy. There is no contest on quality against Ox Bow it's 20 times better than P@H and the buns go mad for it.:D
I was recommended a local farm a little while ago as I was getting through so much hay and it's expensive at P@H (by comparison ) and I wish I'd found it sooner. The buns have turned into hay monsters.:shock: :lol: They were eating it before, but now they are chomping through it like no tomorrow, they love it and it's only £5 a bale, so they can have as much as they like. I was spending nearly £10 a week on the hay from P@H as they'd have 2 bags of Timothy and 1 bag of excel forage plus Ox Bow Timothy when I could.
The farm stuff is so much nicer in texture and smell and has lots of green bits.
I would be careful with the straw from P@H, I've had a couple of damp bags from them full of spores, so make sure you get a bag with good colour.

Back