• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The hand of fate?

LuceMarbles

Mama Doe
This morning I asked how others kept their bunnies indoor and had super ideas to go on. Just got back from excellent garden centre near us, they had a 100 ferplast cage, with shelf and ramps half price - only £35! Is this the hand of fate? Will there soon be a bunny coming to her forever home?

We're off to visit a little girlie tomorrow morning who has spent the first 3 yrs of her life alone in a cramped hutch with her owners children poking at her through the wire. Her lovely lioness mane was all matted up.

We hope she is small enough so we can have her in our caravan with us on holiday as we don't feel it would be fair to put a recovering bunny into a holiday home until she is secure in herself. And we'd only do that if bunny was too big and both our mature kids come with us, or if we go overseas.

Sorry I ramble but couldn't believe my luck to be able to re-equip so cheaply. Its as though this is meant to be. Wish us both luck - me and this little girlie cos boy have we got a lot of love to give her - when she's ready.

Liz

Thats a really good price.

Occasionally a guy sells the 100cm ferplast ones on ebay for £19.99 + £9.99 p&p and thats when I usually stock up.

Hope all goes well with your new little girl :D

Thanks both. I just hope all goes well tomorrow if not the search goes on. I've committed myself now!

Sorry Sooz but thought Lexie might be too large for us to have with us on our hols and didn't think it was fair on her to leave her in a holiday home. I see she's reserved - hope all goes well for her. You've been through so much this week, I really don't know how you cope but I'm glad you do.

So many sad, sad stories but I know I can make a difference to one little bun somewhere. :cry:

If she comes to us its great to know there is such a wealth of help and support. Never had that first time round.

No problem....Lexie is reserved as she is on a trial run as our house bunny, though its very odd and Im not entirely comfortable with it at the moment.

If it dosn't work out she will have no trouble finding a home, she is very good in the house.

Like you say as long as one needy bun gets a home it dosn't matter where it comes from. :D

Back