• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO Lincoln bunny mums

mrs munkee

Mama Doe
Hi! I was just wondering where you get your hay from locally? i've seen a few suppliers in yellow pages who do a lot of equine stuff aswell as smaller animal feed and bedding, but didn't want to trek halfway across the county if its not worth it. p@h is a last resort and i don't particularly want to line their pockets every month.

thanks x:wave:

I am wondering same thing as mine will only eat fancy hay and at present I am spending 3 quid every few days on little bags

:lol: my best friend is a farmers daughter and when i asked her about it she said she could get me straw :roll: very odd cos her uncle has a dairy herd so they must have hay, but maybe thay're in short supply, not that a couple of bunnies will eat much compared to a herd of cows :roll:

has anyone used these?
http://www.willowwarren.co.uk/

£15 for 7kilo box of timothy hay? i just don't know how much to buy. looking at the largest packs in p@h i don't think it would even last a week (at £5 a go)

oh i'm so confused :?

Last edited:
:lol: my best friend is a farmers daughter and when i asked her about it she said she could get me straw :roll:i'm so confused :?

I would guess she thinks that rabbits should have straw only. Many people who are not as informed as you think that until they join the educated few ;)

Ruskington Garden does really good hay, but I buy the dustfreehay online as the buns love it.

I don't get the timothy hay, just the normal stuff from dust free hay, and the bunnies munch through it. I augment this with a handful of readigrass every day as well.

Any horse feed shop will usually sell hay by the bail. You can't usually get anything smaller though! Dairy cows are mainly fed on a total mixed ration that contains silage and not hay. Your best bet is to ask friends who keep horses as horses are still commonly fed on hay.

Welton has a horsey type shop I think. I know a friend of mine gets her A&P pellets from there.

I think i've found somewhere - not too far. called cobbs country store.

So off I toodled for an afternoon drive in the country - to find it shuts sunday afternoons!!!! :roll: :oops: it cost me 60p to go over the toll bridge at dunham as well!

Do you have any riding schools near you? You can look on the British Horse Society website to find out. I buy my hay from a local riding school and use it for my rabbits, guineas and my pony and works out much cheaper at £4.60 for a whole bale.

Rabbit Feed

Note your trouble finding good quality hay. Suggest you try a product called readygrass which is a Spillers Horse Feed. Friends of mind really like it. Stockists can be found on the Spillers web site

good hay

Friends of mine really like a product call readygrass a spillers horse feed. Suggest you try Thorpe Farm Machinery at Whisby near Lincoln

I hadn't thought of hay based feeds for horses. at any rate I passed a farm just passed doddington that sells hay and veg so i might pop in there and see what they've got. our house is gonna be overflowing with vegetables! poor hubby! he's not a veg person!

I went to a pet supplies not far from you once before with a friend and they had some nice prepacked hay which went down well with her buns. I have just looked online and I am sure its Perky pets on Moorland Way, it wasnt a very big place and they didnt sell animals ;)

Note your trouble finding good quality hay. Suggest you try a product called readygrass which is a Spillers Horse Feed. Friends of mind really like it. Stockists can be found on the Spillers web site

Readigrass is just dried grass, although it is good for them they still must have hay ;)

Back