• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Bunny - your ideas please?

LuceMarbles

Mama Doe
:wave:
Hi can anyone help me? I have had indoor bunnies before but wonder what is the best accomodation for them? We used a hutch and did all the newspaper and straw thing inside. Is it better to use fleece vet bedding in a hutch and have litter trays with straw n hay.

What are others doing? After a 14 month break we find ourselves unexpectedly on the threshold of taking in a gorgeous 3yr old rescue lionhead bun. As we gave everything away to rescue homes we are free to start again with more suitable stuff.

I'd be really greatful to hear from others, just a few lines. I so want to make her comfortable.

Thanks

hello! :wave: have got mine in a 48" dog crate with a shelf and a run attached. I'll find you the links to my threads when i was sourcing mine as there are some pics from other people's indoor set ups.

I'm another fan of 48 inch dog crates as a home for bunnies. I've added a mezzanine floor which Storm really likes.
I've put carpet down & it keeps reasonably clean. He has a small house which he prefers to sit on rather than in. Cos he likes a cool place to lie I've added a nice marble patio (thanks to my parents who had a very nice tile left over when they had their bathroom re-done!)

DSC00205.jpg

I use a 100cm indoor ferplast cage for mine, they have the run of the entire house apart from the rabbit room though so they only spend the night and a few hours each day shut up.

In the indoor cage is a litter tray, small soft bed, hay rack, bowl, water bottle, toys and a teddy to snuggle.

When the door is open the cats spend more time in it than the rabbit does :roll:

:D
Thanks Racheld69 that a brilliant help. We'd been thinking of hutch plus play pen but I like the dog crate idea too - we used to have one of those too! I thought I was finished with pets, I was too heart broken when they passed on - still am - and felt I couldn't face that again. Hence the mad give away!

Son forces change of mind and I know when I see the bunny in the flesh she'll make all the bad vibes disappear!

Like the upper story in the crate, 2 for the price of one, keeps bunny and OH happy!

Thanks again.:D

:D :D

Thanks Sooz22 and Liz1966. So much choice and many great ideas. Our little buns had free run of house when we were home - and loved to lie in pools of sunlight or where the central heating pipe runs under the floor.
Our cat used to crawl into the smaller cage we would use when they went to the caravan with us. If you saw the size of the opening and the size of the cat you would not think it possible! Used to leave the buns pretty miffed!
Cats are gone now though.
Thank you so much again.:wave:

Back