• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Camera?

Rainbow66

New Kit
Hi Everyone, :wave:

My name is Amanda and I am new to the Forum. I have 2 lovely buns named Fudge and Blackberry and I am hoping that you won't think this is too odd a question but I was wondering if anyone had a camera in their hutch to film their buns? :oops:

My two live in a converted doghouse and run and I'd just love to know what they get up to when I'm not around so I thought a security type camera might be fun. I think it might have to be night vision one, although I don't really know. Does anyone know if infra red would hurt their eyes?

Their home is next to the house and already has an indoor light so I think adding a camera would be fairly easy to do.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers, Amanda :)

i have 2 cameras in each of my playhouses can only see what they are up to in the day though unless i keep the lights on but can hear them at all times

Thanks very much for your replies Caismeister and Cavysrock. Had a look at "the bunny shed" website. What a good site. Will have to drop Jeremy an email for advice. :D

Cavysrock - I saw from the rollcall page that we just live down the road from one another. I'm in Belper. Nice to chat to a neighbour. :wave:

We have a camera which we use a lot in the garage on our foster buns. Means you can keep and eye on them without going in and out all the time to disturb them. We used it on Ant and Hoops when they were first bonded too. It's been a good investment. x

I haven't but I'd love one. I don't think I'd ever get anything else done and to be honest usually whenever I go in to where they live they are either sleeping or eating :lol:

Hi welcome to the forum:wave: :wave: I dont have a camera in my hutches but I think it's a really good idea:thumb:
Sallyx

This is so weird: my husband was asking me just earlier today if rabbits could see infrared (we were thinking of putting a night-vision camera in the new bunny shed too!)

This is so weird: my husband was asking me just earlier today if rabbits could see infrared (we were thinking of putting a night-vision camera in the new bunny shed too!)

No they can't. As you can see from some of my cams, their pupils are still wide open under direct IR light: :)

eg:
cam2.png

Back