• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing rabbits

Truffle

New Kit
I have a rabbit. I've had him for over a year and now he's about a year and a half old. He's a lionhead bunny.

Anyway I've wanted to get a new bunny to keep him company for a while, but there's been a lot of problems. Now me and my family are seriously considering it. But I have a few questions..

How big would the cage have to be?
Would a spayed female and an unnuetered male go together?
Would a neutered male and an unneutered male go together?
Can I introduce a rabbit of his age to a new rabbit?
HOW do I introduce rabbits?
And anymore info that you feel relevant would help!

I think the cage he has now is a bit too small for two rabbits but I am not so sure..
I am planning on either getting this rabbit in spring or summer. Not sure exactly when yet.

PLEASE HELP! As of now I am pretty clueless on housing rabbits together! Or anything about rabbits!

THanKS Me and Mr. Wu thank you!

How big would the cage have to be? Aminimum of 5x2x2ft
Would a spayed female and an unnuetered male go together? No. Both must be neutered. Whilst the female could not get pregnant the unwanted attentions of a hormonal 'intact' male would most likely cause a fight.
Would a neutered male and an unneutered male go together? No. Two unrelated adult males are the hardest combination to pull off and it will never work if one is not neutered. The easiest pairing is a neutered male to a neutered female.
Can I introduce a rabbit of his age to a new rabbit? Yes its never too late for them to get a partner.

HOW do I introduce rabbits? I will find you some links for this one...

:wave: That's a really good idea coz bunnies love having a friend. Sooz has said it all really. Good luck with it all.:)

Sooz has pretty much covered it all.

Do you have any rescues or animal shelters near you? A lot of places do help with pairing them up.

Your first step would be to get your boy neutered.

Good luck!

Back