• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scrumpie Jack - Strange Moulting?

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
Hello
I've had Scrumpie a couple of months now and I am getting very worried about his moulting. :(

There is fur absolutely everywhere and I can't get rid of it. If you stoke him it comes off in massive handfuls, especially round his tail when you can actually see chunks of it. I try pull bits of when ever I can and I have tried brushing him everyday, which is proving to be a nightmare. He is so scared of humans - I have no idea what happened to him before he was dumped at the rescue, so trying to catch him is a feat in itself. Then the fur is all over and you end up not being able to see or breathe, there is so much of it. Even when I've brushed him I never get to the point of managing to get all the loose fur out. I collected a hug basket full off him yesterday and it looks today like I never did it. :shock:

Splodge on the other hand is fine, you can tug at her fur and it just doesn't come out. When we had just her we never had a problem with too much fur.

But now it's in my bed, my underwear, all my clothes. They only have access to one room, and we vacuum every day, but it's just getting out of control.

I was just wondering if the fur loss was due to nerves. He is so timid. If you walk anywhere near him he runs a mile, and when he's picked up he's almost hyperventilating!

Both buns are englishes - so are short hair.

Any ideas? :?

My bunny is an English x Lionhead and he is still moulting from the summer! Sorry that doesnt help much just thought i'd share that :D

nemo goes through a huge moult like this every year .

i find a metal comb works best followed by a smoothing over with the brush .;)

Back