• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the 2 baby rescues think were loosing one =(

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
last week i posted how my mum rescued two, 2 week old baby buns from being drowned after their mum died. they are fed diluted goats milk with a probiotic every 3 hours and until today they were both doing great.

one of the babies has been very lethargic all day and refused the milk when it was given so at 5pm my mum rushed the baby to the vets and she was bunged up with poop, the got as much out as possible (the poop was very sloppy so she wasnt constipated) and gave the baby two injections and a course of baytril, even though the babies bowel has been cleared of all the poop shes still very lethargic and still refusing milk.... we fear the worse :cry:

a picture of the little one :cry:
IMG_1341.jpg

Oh bless her, poor little mite!

Have you given her some Infacol and Fiberplex? She will need that to help her gut with the side effects of the antibiotics.

Maybe some warm water syringed to help dilute and hydrate blockages in her tummy making them easier to pass and some gentle circular tummy rubs moving down her abdomen to move the food along will help.

Last edited:
no we havent :oops: we havent got any Infacol but i do have a tube of Fibreplex will this be enough? the course of baytril doesnt start until tomorrow morning so i can get my mum to pop into the vets first thing in the morning for some infacol.

aww poor little thing looks just like one of the baby bunnies I had. Good luck with everything.
Sallyx

no we havent :oops: we havent got any Infacol but i do have a tube of Fibreplex will this be enough? the course of baytril doesnt start until tomorrow morning so i can get my mum to pop into the vets first thing in the morning for some infacol.

Infacol is for human babies, you'll be able to get it from a supermarket. I hope the little one gets better.

Infacol is for human babies, you'll be able to get it from a supermarket. I hope the little one gets better.

:oops: :oops: ok now i just sound dumb :oops: :oops: il ring my mum now and tell her to pop into tesco and get some and she can come collect my tube of fibreplex and il tell her basically everything on here. i did tell her to join up but she doesnt have the internet at the moment.

:oops: :oops: ok now i just sound dumb :oops: :oops: il ring my mum now and tell her to pop into tesco and get some and she can come collect my tube of fibreplex and il tell her basically everything on here. i did tell her to join up but she doesnt have the internet at the moment.

I didn't know what it was either (no kids) don't worry, you don't sound dumb- good luck with the babies.

Give 0.5ml every couple of hours with the Infacol.

If you dilute it with the warm water it has a nice sweet flavour and it may help encourage the baby to take on fluids. Couple it with the gentle tummy rubs.

my mum rung me this morning and the baby (Rolo) was having binkys this morning which made my mum smile and shes now back to her piggy self with the milk :p who'd have thought handrearing would be so emotional.

I am so vry pleased to hear that. Well done to your Mum, hand rearing is such a tough job.

Back