• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Grace is now off to the emergancy vets!

I cant believe after everything that has happened this week with Louis Grace is now in the hospital :cry:

I am not too worried about her, she is being kept in over night for observation and pain relief but the vet doesnt think that she has done anything serious and says she is a lucky bunny.

I was holding her and Grace doesnt like to be held and she got it on to and basically flipped out of my hands and landed on the coffee table ontop of the fruit bowl. Glasses went everywhere and were broken and she was in a total panic. I always try and get a good grip on her but she is VERY hard to hold when she puts her mind to it and she is really strong. All I was doing was lifting her down onto the floor.

I immediatly checked her for cuts of anything obviously wrong, I cuddled her to calm her and keep her still and then put her in her cage so she couldnt move around too much while I checked I had all the peices of glass and called the vets, who said to take her straight in.

The vet checked her back teeth while she was examining her and her back teeth need sorting out because she thinks she can see spurs and they are too long so she is going to talk to th day staff about whether they can do that for her tomorrow before she comes home.

At the moment Grace is in the best place.

I am supposed to be going away tomorrow night for a day and I am waiting to speak to the vet tomorrow to see if I should go or not. Grace and Louis are going to be cared for by CottonMather so I know if they are left behind they are in VERY capable hands but I still have to consider the possibility of not going

Buns eh?:rolleyes: They always do their Kamikaze impersonations after hours, or just before important appointments. I'm sure she'll be fine, but of course I know that's not going to make to stop worrying(been through this twice in 2 weeks:roll: ), so I'll send massive calming vibes for you, and any sort that Grace needs.

Back