• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nottingham People - vets

Suzanne

Mama Doe
Which vet do you use? I'm thinking of changing vet's - anyone recommend on in Nottingham? I know Gamston is good but it's a bit too far away for me. Thanks

Whereabouts in Notts are you?

I use Castle Vets on Castle Boulevard and Gamston Vets 4 Pets.

Before I moved to Nottingham, I used Meadowbank vets at Selston

I know other Nottingham rabbity people who use one at Sherwood and one at Beeston (would have to check surgery names tho').

Amy

Hello,
I don't really know any others. I know there is another vets4pets in Bulwell which is the 'brand' that Gamston is. I think Faye is your side of townish she might know of a good one. x

Thanks everyone. The one I'm using at moment is quite expensive. For Willow's dental today I'm paying £60 for the GA and then £35 for the burring!! Obviously he'll have the treatment but for next time I want to go somewhere else.

Thanks everyone. The one I'm using at moment is quite expensive. For Willow's dental today I'm paying £60 for the GA and then £35 for the burring!! Obviously he'll have the treatment but for next time I want to go somewhere else.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Obviousely I don't know how bad Willows teeth are but last time Barneys dental work cost £4...Hope you manage to find somewhere. and hopw Willow's dental goes well. He's such a cute chappie. :love:

Don't use Castle Vets if you're worried about cost, a dental will set you back over £100. I only use them for my insured rabbits now.

Gamstons are some way from me too, but they were worth it in terms of cost and rabbity knowledge. Ask for Rachel though, some of the other's weren't very good.

I just saw that price! :shock: Gamston charge £25 with GA total price, and less than £10 without.

The Surgery I go to is Ark Veterinary Group - I use the Chilwell branch, but have to go to Long Eaton for surgery (same group of vets though)
They have 2 very good vets there - Martin and Lisette... Lisette works 3 days a week in my local one, which is great, but it's rubbish if someone needs to go in when she's not there - I don't like the other vet...
Martin is the surgeon, and he's very good - also a really nice bloke.

The Surgery I go to is Ark Veterinary Group - I use the Chilwell branch, but have to go to Long Eaton for surgery (same group of vets though)
They have 2 very good vets there - Martin and Lisette... Lisette works 3 days a week in my local one, which is great, but it's rubbish if someone needs to go in when she's not there - I don't like the other vet...
Martin is the surgeon, and he's very good - also a really nice bloke.

I had looked at Ark as I live in Long Eaton, do you know if any of the vets at the Long Eaton branch are bunny friendly?

Willow and my others were at VPI Priory Island, Beeston and they used to see Lisette who I think is very good. Not too keen on the others there though. Lisette then moved to ARK at Chilwell so we moved there so she could continue looking after Willow as she's known and cared for him since we first rescued him when he was on his last legs. For any surgery you have to go to ARK Long Eaton. I think Lisette is a very good vet, my problem is the distance and i have to ask my parents to help me take them cause of work.

I queried the price and rabbit GA is now £60 when for one at Priory vets back in May was only £40! She told me they've starting using a different type of anestetic which new. Anyway i came out of the vets £145 lighter!!!

I had looked at Ark as I live in Long Eaton, do you know if any of the vets at the Long Eaton branch are bunny friendly?

Martin is the main vet at Long Eaton, and he has been good with my rabbits in the past :D
Lisette is great, but I don't know how offer she does clinic at Long Eaton :?

Lisette used to be at Priory vets and is absolutely fantastic. I did work experience there when I was 16 and she was so lovely and was brilliant with my rabbit. I was unhappy with VPI when I last used them as they refused to give me prebiotics when my rabbit had to have a neck collar on. I was told that he should still be able to eat his caecotrophs with it on! He had eye surgery so there was no alternative to the collar! If anyone is in Leciestershire Chine House Vets in Sileby are brilliant!

Back