• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Metal Playpens

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Im selling my psp on ebay at the moment, and with the cash i am going to buy a large metal playpen for the bunnies, as the wooden runs i have always end up going rotten and looking rubbish after a few months.

Theres a big metal run on zooplus....does anyone have this and have any additona pictures i can see?

(also if you know of any from other places then let me know! thanks)

Hey

Yes, I have the fencing and its great, although the cover is rubbish!

picture2.jpg

picture1.jpg

Lian x

I have the same as the above one from Zooplus. They do a square one but it isnt as high as the one pictured. You can also buy exrta panels to expand the run. The top of the one pictured is just a green net. I love mine. :D

I have the eight panel octopen (like pic above) which you can also buy additional panels for. I've managed to get it in a long rectangle, so I can put Bluebell on the patio in the winter, with cable ties as the securing pins supplied only work on an angle. I think the do a square one tho?

I agree the cover is a bit of a pain, but its not to bad if you have a bit of patience. I've had to cable tie chicken wire on the top of mine as Bluebell is a bit of an escape artist! He sat on his shelter and tried to chew through!

Zooplus was cheapest I found. Mine was reduced when I bought and so were the extra panels. Think it was £39 plus £10 for two extra panels, its big :shock:

basically they have big runs, but i want to get HUGE run, it wouldnt be used everyday bcus i only leave them in the runs if i go out iif they are in their the bunny garden, so it would more be a weekend thing, big run during the week, massive run 4 weekends/days off.

i dont mind getting one but its only worth it if its big:D

anyone else got any piccies? x

p.s i do have a metal octogon pen already..i wouldnt be able 2 add that 2 it would i? x

I echo that - I looked for ages but couldn't find anything as good value for money. I think £10 is about right. The basic eight panels plenty if you only have a pair maybe even a trio. Mine only just fits on the grass as we only have a little bit! lol.

I think mine was on offer when I bought it, I don't really use it anymore, just if I have to bring them in the house which I now have a dog crate for, at the moment I tend to use it as a fence to stop them accessing something/somewhere they shouldn't.

The cover is useless, Charlie chewed the strings that attach it to the metal so I'd suggest getting some sheeting and clamps to put over it instead.

okay i think img unna get the larger square run, does anyone have any piccies of this b4 i spend my cash? :D

hmmm i think i may get one if my psp sells on ebay lol.

one day left and nothing yet :(

but if it does...then bunnies get a lovely big run and new toys :D:D:D:

I bought a metal pen from a petshop. then just bought another and joined the two together. Think it makes a pen of about 8 feet by 8 feet. When i get the garden sorted though i think i might buy yet another one!!! :D

I don't put anything on mine because they're on a walled roof terrace in a 3rd floor apartment so they are safe, I don't know how I'll cope if we move somewhere else, I think I'd keep them in the house or I'd worry constantly.

I have a square one I bought from P@H. The fasteners were only useable once so I bought plastic cable ties from Ikea and use those. Don't forget that you can turn the panels on one end and make it taller and narrower or longer and lower. We actually use it round a desk upstairs to stop the buns eating my hubby's miniature village - which used to have fake trees, but doesn't any longer :roll: :lol:

Back