• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do all bunnies binky?

Sarah86

Mama Doe
Charlie is always binkying around outside and anywhere that we have carpet, sometimes for no apparent reason, we're often sat on the sofa and just see him go flying past in the air which raises a few laughs. I've never seen Poppy do one though, is this because she doesn't know how to- she's not very confident at jumping and the only places she will jump confidently are into her hutch or on to the top of the old one (and that took a while). She's a happy bunny or at least I think she is, she sat by my side toothy purring for ages yesterday whilst I stroked her. :?

Piper does mad binkys with a jump, a little wiggle and then she runs off. Minstrel however is much more sedate when he does them and only rarely, he prefers to do them outside on the grass or upstairs on the carpet, think he is scared of slipping on the wooden floor!

My doe, Jen, binkys all the time: she'll even do a little half binky in her hutch if she spots me looking through our kitchen window!

My boy Frankie binkys a lot less though: he's generally more sedate anyway. When he does binky he just looks a bit surprised by it :lol:

Faline binkies all the time but Molly only does the odd one, he'll tend to do a little stationary one as then amble along, I think they'd be quite easy to miss so maybe you're just not catching him in the act?

She doesn't move around the same as Charlie does at all, she's more short and dumpy, where as he's really springy. When she runs I can't help but laugh- I'll video her in a minute so you can see what I mean.

i've seen both mine binky, but sam does it alot more than domino!

she will charge out infront of you, and turn 180' in the air, just to show off lol, she doesnt care if shes in teh garden, or in the lounge, she just love sto binky.

where as domino, you have to really sit and watcha s he only does the occassional one, and its more of a skip than a full full blown "let it all out and bounce" kinda binky.

i've seen both mine binky, but sam does it alot more than domino!

she will charge out infront of you, and turn 180' in the air, just to show off lol, she doesnt care if shes in teh garden, or in the lounge, she just love sto binky.

where as domino, you have to really sit and watcha s he only does the occassional one, and its more of a skip than a full full blown "let it all out and bounce" kinda binky.

I find that really funny having seen Sam at Tina's and knowing how big she is. You have to get that on video :lol:

Binkying Happy

I have come to the conclusion it's about contentment. The babies up for adoption do it all the time - they are spoilt!

My terrible twosome in the summerhouse do it all the time - they too are spoilt!

My smog bunny is recovering from a suspected stroke so cannot binky yet - but she used to!

My rescue lop - mummy to the adoption babies has been with me for 3 months. Not one binky... She was a bruiser when we got her, her owners handed her in as she was aggressive and she really was. You could not put your hand in her cage without losing skin and drawing blood. But it turned out she was pregnant and the anger has now subsided! She has been neutered now and although scared of humans, strange noises and of her own shadow sometimes (god knows what they did to her!) she is becoming more trusting each day.. you can still see her fear but she does not vent it aggressively anymore. She had never binkied - until last night - I had tears in my eyes - it showed me that she is settled and happy. A lovely moment I am glad I didn't miss it!

I really do feel a sense of achievement seeing my rescue bunnies going from bunnies with issues, to binkying bunnies.

I don't think that Sweet Pea is any less happy than the other two because she doesn't binky, I think it's just down to the individual bunny.

I don't think that Sweet Pea is any less happy than the other two because she doesn't binky, I think it's just down to the individual bunny.

Nor do I think Poppy is unhappy, she hops around with her boy, she bunny flops and her teeth chatter away when she gets a big cuddle. I just think she's less athletic :lol:

Yeah Sweet Pea is the more dainty of the three, Poppy is just mental and binkies loads, Gus looks positively shocked when he binkies, like he didn't expect it :lol: :lol:

so true! Faline binkies off when she's told off for something.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well Charlie is certainly a naughty bun, he must be up to something when he does it outside, he often does it when he manages to get downstairs into the study- its hilarious. Poppy does nothing wrong and never needs telling off for anything so I'm going with the excitement theory of why buns binky.

Back