• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

missing bunnies!!!

kimd6200

Banned
hi spoke to someone who lives in my village and she has had her two bunnies stolen!!!!shes heartbroken.one was a black n tan mini lop and one was a tortoise shell colour dwarf lop.both boys.i know its a long shot but anyone who lives near crewe cheshire or stoke on trent hears anything plz pm me.shes posted up flyers n leaflets.wat is the world coming to?:evil: x

There was a notice in our local garden centre when I bought some hay the other day. "Stolen - rabbit and double decker hutch. :shock:

Mike

That's reall,y heartbreaking......and scarey.:cry: :cry:

We have installed a security light in our back garden, along with a few well placed items that would make a HELL of a noise if anyone tried to get in there! You just can't be too careful.....there are some seriously disturbed people out there.:evil: :evil: :cry:

i have seen the notice up about these rabbits i thought they had escaped though have been having a look for them when walking with my dogs. I really hope they get them back

...she has had her two bunnies stolen!!!!...

Even though they're house buns I'm glad I'm getting Lucifer & Nyx chipped tomorrow.

Perhaps this is something that should become common-place with rabbits as well as dogs & cats? It may deter thieves; and would make return much easier so long as the details were kept up-to-date.

I feel a poster coming on...;)

That's awful:shock:
A bit OT perhaps but at the same time not: Are Black and tan mini lops rare in UK? Cause I've rarely seen one in Norway...

Why someone would steal a pet rabbit is beyond me, with the current situations both with rescues, pet shops and accidental/irresponsible breeding it shouldn't be too hard to find one:roll:

Sasuke has a registration tattoo on his ear from a rabbit show, Aroma too is ear-marked but she can't be traced with it:? I would love to get the whole lot chipped, but I haven't really heard of many having a chipped rabbit in Norway before...so IF they get away or are taken, and someone finds them, will they think about looking for a chip?:roll:

That's a risk to take; but with publicity & if lots of us (bunny-owners) started doing it then it'd be worth it.

From where I see it; if your rabbit is chipped; and then is lost/stolen/wonders off when he/she turns up you can prove beyond doubt by saying "s/he's chipped, scan her and see" - then either a chip is found and you get bunny back; or it's not and you know it's not yours.

Back