• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

not enough grass???

kelzuna

Warren Scout
been a while since i last posted - we just moved house

since we moved and the dark nights have been coming so quickly liquorice hasnt had the chance of much grass.

Our new garden isnt as bunny proof as our last so he doesnt have free-roam as he used too. We have just bought a new run for him so he can get some grass but the weather is awfuk and its sooo dark by the time we arrive home from work.

In 2 weeks he only had 2 days on grass...i feel so guilty!!!!!!! Will it harm him?????:?

With a constant supply of hay he'll be fine. Most captive grazing animals are fed on hay during the winter months. But if you really want him on grass the stuff is quite resilient stuff and grows so easily. So maybe just get a litter tray and fill it with soil and plant some grass. Use it when he can't go out still let him out at the weekends though so your litter tray grass can recover... Maybe have two and alternate... Depending on how much grass you want to give him.

But hay is fine.

My buns really miss being out as much. Daisy would chomp on grass all day if she could but it was after 8am this morning when they were let out as it was so dark.

I have a tarpaulin over their run but they are used to having free roam of the garden and tend not to spend a lot of time in their run but as i am normally at home through the day their door is open from about 2pm until it gets dark at 4pm so they do get out for a bit but normally in the light nights they are out for hours at a time.

grass is rubbish quality in winter anyway - often damp and mouldy and dead round the edges - so long as he has good, green, sweet smelling, long hay to eat he'll be fine.

Back