• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

boy or girl rabbit

Boy.

They bond better with their owners, particularly women.
They are more affectionate
They are less skittish and shy
They are less prone to aggressive hormonal behaviour during the 'terrible teen months'
They cost less to neuter and the op is very routine
Even when they are 'hormonal' some of the behaviour is quite amusing...even if they are expressing their 'bunny love' on your foot
They are more likely to lay in your lap and groom you
They are more likely to follow you about

As you can see Im in no way biased :oops: :oops:

Boy.

They bond better with their owners, particularly women.
They are more affectionate
They are less skittish and shy
They are less prone to aggressive hormonal behaviour during the 'terrible teen months'
They cost less to neuter and the op is very routine
Even when they are 'hormonal' some of the behaviour is quite amusing...even if they are expressing their 'bunny love' on your foot
They are more likely to lay in your lap and groom you
They are more likely to follow you about

As you can see Im in no way biased :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Couldn't have put it better myself.
Taz

are girls very moody??

Occasionally...
I have one who's VERY moody:lol: The other one is nice though:) (Coincidentally the kind one is the one who's NOT neutered...but Zakura was far worse before she got neutered though:roll: )
I'm not sure if I could choose.... I think I would pick boy.

They tend to be during there teen months and sdulthood if not speyed earl enough. They are quite independant in spirit and prefere to do their own thing.

Most hate to be picked up and are more likely to struggle than a buck.

I would add that I am refering to keeping a single HOUSE rabbit....it is very hard to build such a close bond with an outdoor bunny and outdoor rabbits should, without exception, be kept in pairs ;)

I couldn't comment on a girl rabbit, but Sooz's points about boys are very true. (they get on very well with men too :lol: )
Funny cos it never entered my head to get a girl, It was always gonna be a boy, and am very glad we did.
Bertie has a different relationship with both if us.

I'm gonna say girl, just to be different :D :D Seriously though, my first rabbit is a girl and I will always have a special bond with her. Its true, she is moody and pretty skittish, and her spaying did cost more than getting my bunny man neutered :roll:

But its been so much fun watching her trust in me grow and she becomes more and more affectionate every day! My new little bunny man is obviously a boy but I haven't had him long enough to know him very well...

I agree that boys are more friendly. I wish it was easier to bond 2 males, but one of each is more fun for the (neutered) rabbit I suppose.:lol:

ive not had a girl YET... so i cant say until ive had both.... i do like Alvins buzzing... do girls do that?

i've got 3 girls and 3 boys but the boys are so much more affectionate towards me i think they seem to be towards women

I knew everyone would say boys! Although my boys have been totally perfect, I have to say that I've had four girls now & they have all be SO lovely!! Jens a bit of a grump, but shes had such a bad start in life that its absolutely no wonder! Tilly-May was the friendliest bun in the world, seriously! Boo was a soppy little lump. Rhia is a snugglebum - Girls are fab!!! :D :love: :love: :love: Xx

Get one of each :D Neutered of course ;) My boy :love: was very affectionate when he was a single bun, now he has Luuna he is less affectionate towards me, maybe because he has to remain the dominant bunny, so do less grooming? Luuna is very affectionate too. She doesn't like being picked up, but I've not had her long and she is getting better already. She is the one who gives me more bunny kisses now :love: I would say, have the best of both worlds and get a bonded pair from a rescue :thumb:

Back