• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update On Baby Bunnies Needing Homes In Tamworth

HI ALL

FOLLOWING SEVERAL ENQUIRIES THROUGH RABBITS UNITED ABOUT THE BABY BUNNIES I HAVE FOR ADOPTION/REHOMING, I HAVE DECIDED TO PUT UP THEIR INFO ON THE FORUM (NOT SURE IF THIS WILL LINK TO RABBITS IN NEED THREAD... I AM NEW!) THIS SAVES ME SENDING THE SAME INFO OUT SEVERAL TIMES!! (HOPEFULLY!!!) TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE WHEN YOU HAVE FURRY COMMITMENTS!

THE FOLLOWING BUNS ARE 10 WEEKS OLD, VET CHECKED AND WANT NEW LOVING HOMES WHERE THEY CAN BE THE CENTRE OF ATTENTION!

I ADOPTED A RESCUE DOE - WHO TURNED OUT TO BE PREGNANT... HER OWNERS GOT RID OF HER DUE TO AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOUR, WHICH IS NORMAL IN SOME PREGNANT DOES!

TWO WEEKS AFTER ADOPTING "MADAM" THE BABIES APPEARED!! I HAVE LOOKED AFTER THEM, TRAINED THEM AND TRIED TO ENSURE THEIR FIRST FEW MONTHS HAVE BEEN A GOOD START TO STABILISE THEM. RABBITS REMEMBER THINGS FOR A LONG TIME (BAD THINGS!) AND SO I HAVE TRIED TO PREVENT THEM FROM DEVELOPING ANY "ISSUES" THAT WILL AFFECT THEIR LONG TERM MENTAL OR PHYSICAL HEALTH. THEY ARE NAMED... PURELY TO HELP THEM TO DEVELOP AN IDENTITY IN AN 8 BUNNY, 2 PIGGIE, 2 KITTIE AND 10 MOUSE HOUSEHOLD! NAMES CAN BE CHANGED OBVIOUSLY (AS I AM SURE MOST "LOST & FOUND" RESCUE BUNNIES DO NOT REVEAL THEIR REAL NAMES TO THE FOLKS AT THE RESCUE CENTRES!!)

THE BUNNIES NEEDING ADOPTION/HOMES ARE;

"Crackers" Male - white underside with choc ears & moustache, brown patches round his brown eyes, speckly head and a light brown back. He has turned out to be another long haired/woollie. Is litter trained in the house, and part litter trained in the hutch he shares with Earl. He knows his name, and will have piggy back rides on command. (Just something we learned one day.. but he enjoys it!) Is playful, and very cheeky at playtime. Enjoys cuddles but isn't too keen on the whole picking up thing! Is ok once you have him in your arms. Enjoys nose rubs and when he wants them you know about it... he gives your hand a good old shove! Moves like lightening in open spaces and enjoys skidding to a halt on our laminate floor! Likes people, and cats!!!! (to the cat's horror!) Used to bum checks and brushing!!

Earl - Male - pearly white with choc nose and ears. Brown eyes. Very gentle and affectionate loves his nose rubs. Short haired. Has been taught to give kisses (lick your nose) in return for a treat. Comes to his name, is litter trained in house but only part litter trained in hutch. He is living in the hutch at the moment with Crackers. A quiet bunny... but still playful and loves people! Easy to handle and used to bum checks.

Smokey - Female - smokey grey with choc/grey ears and white toes on one front paw... short haired. She is very cheeky and fiesty but well behaved, understands what "no" means! (Due to developing a taste for hiding under our bed with all MY toys!) Has lived in the house for a few weeks with her Mum, Madam, (who has just been spayed) as well as outside in a hutch. Litter trained & comes to her name... when it suits! Playful and can binky at great heights for England! Can be tricky to catch when it's play time over (she will not be bribed, tricked or do anything she does not want to do.. which is fine unless it's 10 past eight and I have 20 mins to get to work!!), She enjoys a cuddle. Used to bum checks!

ALL OF THE BUNNIES ARE LOVELY - BUT I DO NOT HAVE THE SPACE OR TIME TO FULFIL THEIR NEEDS. I HAVE 4 ADULT BUNNIES AND TOSHI THE BROTHER OF THE ABOVE TRIO ALREADY, ALONG WITH 2 GUINEA PIGS, 2 CATS, AND 10 MICE!

THE SUMMERHOUSE HAS A PLACE RESERVED FOR MADAM, ONCE HER STICHES ARE OUT AND SHE HAS BONDED WITH ROSIE AND JOE - MY TERRIBLE TWOSOME! SMOG AND TOSHI ARE INDOOR BUNNIES WHO HAVE THE GUEST ROOM-ALONG WITH THE LAUNDRY! THERE ARE MICE IN THE TWO BEDROOMS, AND THE DOWNSTAIRS IS THE CATS DOMAIN... THEY ARE HOUSECATS.

I HAVE NO ROOM IN THE GARDEN - THE PATIO AREA (SAFE FOR BUNNIES) IS FULL-UP WITH THE SUMMERHOUSE (I CANNOT PUT ANOTHER MALE IN WITH JOE-AS SOPPY AS HE IS!) THE TEMPORARY HUTCH FOR CRACKERS AND EARL IS TAKING UP VALUABLE RUN SPACE FOR ROSIE AND JOE-WHICH IS NOT GOOD LONGTERM. IT IS NOT SAFE AT THE TOP OF THE GARDEN AS NEXT DOORS DOGS HAVE BEEN FOUND IN THE GARDEN SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE :censored: . I CANNOT "PROOF" THE TOP OF OUR GARDEN (TO STOP DOGS GETTING IN/RABBITS GETTING OUT) DUE TO THE LOCAL PLANNING LAWS AND THE CURRENT FENCING / BOUNDARIES WE HAVE. THIS AREA IS ALSO VERY EXPOSED TO BAD WEATHER SO IS NOT IDEAL FOR BUNNIES... AND NO SPACE FOR ANOTHER SHED. IT IS MY DAD'S HOUSE (HE LIVES IN GERMANY) AND I HAVE ALREADY HALF DESTROYED HIS JAPANESE PEACE GARDEN IN ORDER TO GIVE PEACEFUL RESTING PLACES TO A WHOLE HOST OF PETS (SORRY COUNCIL!) AND TO ACCOMODATE MY ADULT BUNNIES!!!! :oops: :oops: MY ONLY OPTION IS TO MOVE HOUSE.. WHICH IS A BIT DRASTIC!

I REALLY HOPE THAT THESE BABY BUNNIES FIND HOMES... ALTHOUGH I DO NOT WANT THEM TO BE CHRISTMAS PRESENTS... SO I AM BEING A BIT CAUTIOUS WITH PROSPECTIVE ADOPTERS! (CHECKING PREVIOUS THREAD HISTORY ETC ETC... YOU CANNOT BE TOO SURE WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR BUNNY KIDS!)

PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.. I ALREADY HAVE POSSIBLE HOMES FOR 2 OF THE BUNS BUT NOTHING DEFINITE - BUT I WILL UPDATE THIS THREAD APPROPRIATELY IF NEEDED. GENUINE BUNNY LOVERS ONLY... NO IMPULSE ADOPTERS PLEASE!:evil:

LONG THREAD...BLAH....BLAH....:rolleyes: THANKS FOR YOUR TIME. :wave:

LINK TO PHOTOS: http://petsadviceservice.spaces.live.com/photos/cns!B4565F2B3F1A22C5!134/

Revised: Apologies for "shouting" - capitals gets attention..... also please excuse my dry sarcastic straight to the point manner... :oops: Nicknamed Ace Ventura.. not a people person but lurves the animals!

:roll: All I want for christmas is for my rescue doe's suprise babies to find new homes!!!! Oh And a Mercedes SLK!

Last edited:
Good for you, no shame on being careful where your baby bunnies end up:thumb:

Unfortunately I cant take one myself but Im sure they'll all find loving homes

Bumping up these baby bunnies - and to be honest I find long threads easier to read when they're in capitals, various colours and differents sizes! ;)

hello im interested in buying the rabbit 'earl'

hello im looking to get a rabbit like 'earl' and was wondering if i could see a picture off him? and what price would you be selling him for? many thanks Jodie

Back