• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New tactic for getting Michelle to play out

toffee

Mama Doe
I have found a brilliant new tactic for getting Michelle out of her house. She's very timid and hates being lifted but loves playing out. Unfortunately her house is 3ft off the ground!

We used to have a mega battle getting her out - she would kick and struggle and growl.

Now, I open the door and say "playing out time" and she comes to the door. She has to brace herself for being picked up so she often runs back to her bed a few times before she's ready but I just wait for her now and eventually when she's feeling brave she'll sit still and let me lift her out. When she wants to go back in she sits on the floor below her house and waits for me to get her.

It's now a joy to let her out where it was a chore before and it's so nice seeing her so relaxed and happy for a change. She even comes for nose rubs when she's out now which she would never do before. I think we're slowly overcoming Michelle's fear of hands!

Michelle1.jpg

Last edited:
awww that is so lovely.... i love the little changes as the bunnies start to trust us... each one makes me nearly cry... i bet your sooo happy theres such a difference now :D :D

It is so lovely to see that my bunnies trust me.:D It's a learning experience for me too to see how a little patience makes a big difference.

im still learning myself, Alvin is my first ever bun and i was gutted when we got him as he really didnt like me, he used to box me as i cleaned out his cage... i know it was fear but it still hurt my heart... i dont really want a cuddly bun who sits on my lap, but just this week when i go into his room and start stroking him he lets me (even plucking out his hair doesnt faze him) and twice he has thrown himself down into a sidewards flop at my feet :love: even the nipping my ankle in the kitchen makes me smile... such little changes but really huge to me.... i can feel your happiness at your little gal letting you handle her at play time :D :D

Back