• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG am I brave or what?

Can't believe what I am doing this weekend.:shock:

Not only am I driving down to Barnely from Hartlepool (which I have never done on my own before) to hopefully bond Flopsy with Jem (who is with Angie at Barnsley) but I have also took on a bunny run at the same time. I am transported 2 buns and a budgie cage from ToniStarr in Hartlepool to just outside Doncaster.

This is a 2 hour journey just to get to Barnsley with a drop off after about 1hour 50 mins (if I get to the drop off ok). Then I have to come all the way back home on my own:shock:

Thank god for satnav to get to Angie. The Doncaster part of the journey I will be estimating and hopefully get right.

I don't want to get rid of Flopsy or anything but I can't wait for Saturday teatime when I am back home and everything is done. Of course I will have to go back and collect Flopsy (and hopefully Jem) the week after.

I suppose at least its a good deed I am doing.:D

:wave: I do....me and Helen (Pipstrel) got hopelessly lost last time we did a bunnyrun (Sheffield to Leamington Spa) and ended up in Coventry.

We didnt have satnav though!

I am sat laughing at that though it really won't be funny if it all goes wrong. I have got to get to Angie at Barnsley for 12 via a "Little Chef" drop off on the motorway. I have visions of me flying past the drop off point, not knowing how to get back there and being stuck with loads of bunnies in my car.:lol:

I bet I won't sleep tonight - I can feel some bunny nightmares beginning :shock:

Try pulling into the carpark outside the Travel Inn at nearly 11pm and swapping 'carriers' with a person in another car.

Im amazed we didn't get arrested :shock: it must have looked pretty odd :oops:

You'll be fine Jo - Angies is easy to find - well it is for me it's only 10 minutes away from me:lol: Doncaster is easy enough too, long straight roads mainly with loads of car showrooms - well unless you're in the town centre and get to the huge roundabout. Just holler if you get lost and one of us will hear you and help out.

your very brave and youll be fine . :D

cant wait to meet you :D

if youre gonna be here between 12 and 1 you can come to mine as Traceys daughter has a gymnastic display and shes worried she might get held up .

i ll make you a cuppa before you set off back ;)

When Leanne and I came up to yours we used satnav and got lost 3 times!!:lol::lol: Mainly because I thought Satnav was lying:roll: and we ended up going round the same roundabout and going off at the wrong exit 3 times!!

Its amazing I can go all the way to Barnstaple in Devon on my own with no satnav and did the last hour or so from memory of being a passenger and didn't take one wrong turn yet I try to get to Theo's with Sooz and we end up horribly lost for an hour!!!

So long as you have satnav you'll be fine!!

Helen x

I think you're really brave! :D

I absolutely HATE having to find an address in a town/city I don't know unless I have somebody to navigate.

I'm also useless at remembering routes. On Sunday I'm travelling to Sooz's for the 3rd time, but I need to take the O/H because I can't remember the route. :oops:

OMG am i brave or what!

You are very brave:) thank god for sat nav eh:? :lol: this is from someone who gets lost just going up the road;) :lol: and relies totally on Roger (my sat nav) to get from one place to the other:lol: :lol:

When i met Fayes OH to get my piggie, i went up to the car and said 'i hope you have a guinea pig in thge boot!'
Imagine if i approached the wrong bloke, i would have looked like a right div!!!

:wave: Not only do i think your brave i think you must be one of my 3 Christmas Angels! My situation for finding transport was getting down to the wire and there you were just when i needed ya..YOUR MY HERO!:wave:

you are very brave. I had never driven further than about 40 miles on my own before. When I went to get bluebell from eastbourne i was on my own, they shut a major road i was taking and it took me about two and half hours to get there. I did'nt even have sat nav so when we both made it home safely in one piece i was very proud of myself so was my other half who could'nt believe my little adventure:lol:

Back