• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutering, will it change behavior?

Will Bobbin become more relaxed after neutering?

• Chances are he will be more relaxed

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Chances are he will stay the same

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50/50, who knows?!

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Chances are he will get worse and not want to know you at all!!

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Thea & Bobbin

Warren Veteran
I'm booking Bobbin in to be neutered in the new year. Obviously I am going to do it anyway despite what may come out of this poll, but I would just like your opinions on the matter.

He is six months old, will probably be 8 months when he's neutered. He's a really good boy, doesn't bite (*touchs wood*), doesn't spray, doesn't hump, or do any of the typical un-neutered male things I've heard of. So I do feel quite privileged in a way! :lol:

However, he is timid, sometimes puts up with stroke or two, the odd back massage when he's laying down, but apart from that won't really stay near me (unless I have food!) :roll: He'll sit next to me but bounce off if I touch him. Do his hormones make him nervous?

I suppose all I want to know is if any of you have had a bun like this that has relaxed around you after being neutered? Or is this simply his personality?

Ultimately I don't mind, yes I would like a cuddle bun :rolleyes: but I just want him to be relaxed and happy around me.

Thank you!

hey! Peanut was the same, i still got him done but he didnt show any signs of spraying etc (only thing he DID to was Jelly unfortunatly)
but now, he lets me hold him more, he likes nose rubs and me rubbing his face more

even tho he had a lovely personality i have to say the bond between us grew once he was neutured because he became even more lovely:D

Flopsy was neutered at about 5 months (2 months ago) and although he is still a timid, nervy bun he has definately come out of his shell. If he is outside and I let him have full run of garden he wants to play more but not be stroked but when he is in the house he is very chilled. He will have back and tummy strokes, loads of nose rubs.

I guess he will always be a shy, nervy but independent bun but I still love him all the same.:love:

Glad I'm not the only one to bounce around the garden and house with my bunny - he goes crackers. He runs, binkies and dashes all over if I bounce with him.:oops:

I put gets more relaxed.....though most of my boys were done pretty early after I got them so really they may have just got to know and trust me better regardless of the 'plum' situation.

i put who knows...... alvins still a little monster and was always quite relaxed before... i cant tell a difference yet i think he has stubborn hormones...lol

My Mr Bun was pretty aggressive, he launched at me growling when I put my hand in his hutch, I got him neutered and after a few weeks he had chilled out a little, but the biggest change occurred when we got or mrs bun. He is so much calmer now haven't had a launch or a growl since we got her a few months ago. So the neutering chilled him but he chilled more when he got a partner.

Oh yes, he loves chasing me, it's just when I'm on the floor, if I follow him on all fours :rolleyes: he just looks at me funny :lol:

So would I :lol:

I tried to do a binky once Charlie looked at me as if I was totally mad

In answer to your question, naughty charlie became a bit of a nuisance just before I had him done, he was a frisky little fella, he'd chase me nipping my sides if I was sat down and would spray in my face at every opportunity. I booked him in asap, he came home a changed boy, he tried to hump me once the same day of his op but after that he was much better- the only thing he didn't stop doing until we got Poppy was chewing stuff. Is it necessary to get boys done unless you want to bond them?

Last edited:
My Blue was waaaay more cuddly once he had been neutered, now he comes bounding over to get a hug :love: none of my bunsters ever sprayed, Basil was never a cuddle bun, so no differance now :rolleyes: where as Asbeau is a nutter and can be very aggressive, but once he trusts you he won't hurt you ( okay, i went abit off topic, sorry :oops: )

When I got my two boy buns and spoke to the vet about neutering, I was assured it was better for them if they were. Not only from the point of view of behavior (they started fighting when they were about 4 months old) but also from a general health point of view. I also couldnt stand all the "spraying" of urine all the time - I had to wash their fur a few times because they stank of wee!!

To be fair, Billy is still a grumpy bunny but I think its just the way he is. He is definately better without all the hormones racing through his little body:roll: :lol:

I said chances are he will be more relaxed :D
Its not 1005 full proof that he will but its a high percentage of buns that do become more chilled, ive had stuck in their ways 'oldies' neutered and even most of them have some form of behavioural changes for the better for them :D

My mom swears that her bun is even grumpier and less cuddly now that he's been neutered! I know that's not usually what happens though... She says that although he doesn't bite much anymore, he won't let anyone near him when he used to be quite friendly :roll: :roll:

Back