• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could someone please tell me what colour Lexie is?

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Its driving me nuts and I know 'champagne' is not a real colour :oops:

15-09-07_0802.jpg

15-09-07_0804.jpg

15-09-07_0801.jpg

Maybe? Her fur is like light fawn on the undercoat with a blueish tip to the ends of the fur shaft.

She is too pale to be a sooty fawn....not orangey/chocolate enough.

Are they both blue tortoiseshell? Michelle def looks like it.

Mmm ... Not sure...

The photo of Michelle is a bit deceptive - She doesn't actually have blue patches, it's just the blue showing through under the blonde.

Michelle1.jpg

Last edited:
Opal
"The hairshaft of an opal coloured rabbit features a pale bluish colour on top with a fawn band below it".

Taken from a breed site.
Lexie could be?

Mmm ... Not sure...

The photo of Michelle is a bit deceptive - She doesn't actually have blue patches, it's just the blue showing through under the blonde.

Michelle1.jpg

Oh apparently Isabella is the alternative name for Blue Tortoiseshell :? according to some sites. Confusing!!!

It says that a blue tortoiseshell is beige and blue mixed or with some seperation. Not sure how true that is though as im no breeder! :D

Im inclined to go with Isabella personnally (sounds better than beige :lol: ), she is not blue enough to be Opal....I searched some pics last night, thay are much darker.

She is 100% not a harlequin/tortie though...

what colour is she?

I have always called that colour LILAC FAWN or so my breeder friend has told me not sure if that is the right term for this gorgeous (and my favourite) colour:)
I have four lilac fawns cos i am greedy:? :lol: ;)

Isabella = Beige = Blue Sootyfawn = Blue Torteshell

They're all different names for the same colour!! Beige is the official name though.

Michelle is not the same colour as Lexie, she looks like a Fawn or a Fawn/Blue Harlequin, would need some better pics to tell as you say the one with patches is deceptive.

No such thing as a lilac fawn - you can get a lilac sootyfawn but again its just another name for Isaballa.

Isabella = Beige = Blue Sootyfawn = Blue Torteshell

They're all different names for the same colour!! Beige is the official name though.

Michelle is not the same colour as Lexie, she looks like a Fawn or a Fawn/Blue Harlequin, would need some better pics to tell as you say the one with patches is deceptive.

No such thing as a lilac fawn - you can get a lilac sootyfawn but again its just another name for Isaballa.

Thank you for clearing that up....was starting to wonder which were real names and which were descriptors. :D

We will stick with Isabella I think, short and sweet!

If anyone has one of these beauts for rehoming (single, female) could you let me know please. I'm in Yorkshire but don't mind a drive :D

Becky x x

Back