• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jelly :'( U/D in the garden!!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
My mum picked me up from college 2day and said 'oh i gave the bunnies some more hay this morning as they looked a bit cold and gave them some greens' iw as thankful bcus i was in such a rush i hadnt the chance to look in on them b4 college!

My mum isnt big on bunnies but she does love ours. We got home and i just screamed! The cage door was open.
Peanut stupidly (but v thankfully) had jumped into the run and was curled up in corner. But no sign of Jelly.

We have searched everywhere....and shes gone. :'(

my mum feels so awful, but she swears she remembers closing the door.

:'(

its so cold tonight

please come back Jelly

Last edited:
Oh no!! :( :( Really hope she'll come back to you. Sure she will when she wants food ;) Keep positive! She'll be missing her mummy, thinking of you xx

So sorry. Maybe place some food on the ground near the house and see if she returns. Maybe put a carrier or something outside with strong-smelling food and she may walk in.

Don't you have a secure bunny garden SJ? Or are the hutches in the other part of it?

Have you started to let people know? Have you had a look down the street or the back of your garden?

I hope you find her, I really do xx

Oh no!:(

I know how you're feeling, this happened to me last year after my husband had given them some hay. We searched for hours and I hardly slept that night but when i went out to check them early the next day Whittle was sitting in front of the hutch as if nothing had happened. She even hopped in when I opened the door to feed them.
I hope you find Jelly soon.

sorry to point this out, but did your ex boyfriend take her? only i saw in one of your threads you were scared he might do. I o hope ypu find her safe and well

I do have a secure bunny garden, as i in i can let them run round it whilst im cleaning them out, and i can pop into the workshop and get the hay etc and leave them for 2 mins, but they were out from 7.30 til 5.....and Jelly is a good jumper. the garden is ruined now!so many holes and they have destroyed the fresh veg patch.

For her 2 jump it would have been hard but given that ammount of time....it doesnt suprise me. have been looking since 5 but now its pitch black and we dnt have a torch strong enough....im hoping shes in our 'Main' garden, but there is holes in the fench and she cud easily get under the gates :(

How awful for you. Can you try temporarily blocking off the bottom of the gates in case she's still in the garden, and beg or borrow some extra torches?

The last time I couldn't find my tortoise my O/H found me in tears and spent nearly an hour going around the garden with a poxy little torch to find him.

I really hope Jelly comes back - keeping everything crossed for you

Hopefully she will come back on her own....Phil left the trio's hutch open earlier this year and they were just sitting in the garden waiting for their breakfast in the morning. Rattled the box and they came running, our garden is totally open plan and they could easily have escaped onto the road.

Im surprised she and Peanut split apart though. Ive got my fingers crossed for you.

Oh no, thats just awful!! I'm so sorry to hear this, but I'm sure she'll come back! She'll miss her mum and hubby! Sending good luck vibes to you!!

awwwwww i hope she comes home soon...... a lad i know said his bunny was seen in a pub carpark and came home even tho they thought he had gone for good, he just went for a play.... ill be keeping everything crossed Jelly comes home when shes finished exploring xxxxxxx

Back