• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Building a rabbit house-weather protection

becca114

Young Bun
We are planning to build an open walk-in rabbit house, it will be a wooden frame, covered in mesh and will have a hutch inside it for the rabbits to sleep in. As it will be mainly open I wonder how they will be protected from the weather. It will have a wooden roof and I wondered what if there should be wooden across the bottom and top to help keep the wind and rain out?

I think I get what you're talking about...is it like a bird aviary with a hutch inside?

I'd definately put up some sort of protection from the elements around at least two sides, to give them somewhere a bit more sheltered to sit out of the wind and rain, and to give shade in the summer. I do the same on all my rabbits runs:)

I put perspex on the front of mine in the winter.Definately keeps out the wind and rain.In the summer i have fly netting:D

Back