• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny flask!

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I finally got sick of insulating my water bottles with a damp, mouldy old sock. So I bought a little 0.3l thermos flask and fitted the drip feed thing off Poppy's old bottle to the end of it, now their water will be warm in winter and cool in summer! And I can clean it properly with boiling water from time to time without it melting! Joy is mine. :D

good idea!!!

hehe i *forgot* once that plastic melts easily, but by the time the bottle had shriveled up and somewhat resembled a pruney-banana, it was too late:oops:

I have made a nice little thermal cover for mine out of insulated bubble wrap stuff. Stuck it all together so it is like a jacket. Every day i put some boiling water in there cold water so there water is a little warm, as went down there a few mornings ago and their bowl was frozen :shock: so now I make sure their water is warm in both their bowl and bottle and they seem to enjoy it.

i read on this forum once that having their water warm makes them drink more which was my motivation. i made ace reflective bubble wrap covers for bottle in summer but they pulled it through the cage mesh and ate it! :shock:

i read on this forum once that having their water warm makes them drink more which was my motivation. i made ace reflective bubble wrap covers for bottle in summer but they pulled it through the cage mesh and ate it! :shock:

That's what we were worried about, so we cut a piece of cardboard and slipped it in behind the bottle so they couldn't get to the bubble wrap and they haven't tried to nibble at it not even the cardboard :)

Back