• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Great. The bunnies tore up a plastic bag...

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Due to the poor weather, we've been setting the rabbit run up in the garage. This way it's shetlered, and they get about 6 hours out in it per day. Plus, the ground is concrete and keeps their nails down... We've been doing this for weeks, but today the two little imps pulled a plastic bag through the mesh and tore half of it up. Looking at it - and gathering it up whilst having two fur-monsters tugging and licking at my sleeves and socks - I don't think they've actually eaten any of it. They're both very lively, looking nothing short of smug and one was sat eating a willow ring whilst the other went off to eat a handful of hay. :/ Now I get to worry for the next day or so...

I swear Piper has a little fetish for plastic. When I'm giving her more pellets or cleaning her cage and putting stuff in a garbage bag, the plastic is always the first thing she goes for. And I know she's eaten some before and she was fine... so I wouldn't worry too much...:rolleyes:

That's actually quite reassuring. :lol: I've already gone to talk to them and freaked because Barney was sat 'too quietly'... I think he was just sulking because Amber beat him to me...

Now that I think about it, my Benji-girl used to try and eat any plastic bag her hay came in, too... She'd dangle out the hutch to try and get at it...

Back