• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why doesn't anyone care??

kayjay

Warren Veteran
I've printed some of the rabbit rehome posters off and am in the process of finding places to put them. I went into our local cafe and asked the lady if I could put one up. She said I could, no problem, but everyone listening just laughed about the problem, no-one seems to give a damn that all these rabbits are suffering. It makes me soooo angry :evil: Rescues are out there doing a great job and 99% of the population don't seem to give a stuff. I've told several people who were looking for rabbits about RU and rescues but without exception they've all been out and bought their rabbit either from a petshop, garden centre or breeder. Aaarrrhhhh!!!!!!

Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest... off to post some more pics now, going to try the vets and our local Spar

because they are just rabbits :( :evil:
To be honest I am not sure there's much else you can do - you just have to keep perservering no matter how hard it is.!
and remember that because of you a lot more rabbit lives are happier !

Hiya thats annoying!

I know when I have recommended people get rescues there is an overwhelming view that that the animal will be some sort of nut case. Its a shame that people don't realise its generally the humans with the behavioural problems :rolleyes:

or they think the bunny is free and that they're doing the rescue a favour without taking the time to think about the costs assocaited with keeping them or getting them neutered (which they have to from a pet shop) :evil:

If it makes you feel better I have just had a call from a lady who was put off buying a giant from a pet shop and has called me about our pair of NZWs instead after finding RR.

It annoys me that people think bunnies are a joke. Why? I can't understand how people don't have the capacity to care about other living creatures.

Aww, No wonder why you're so angry Katherine :( I did a piece of c/work for college on Why rabbits didnt make suitable pets for children - I've been told to change it, because 'rabbits are for children' ?!! :evil: Felt like she was laughing at me too...Who's the weird one though - Missing out on bunny cuddles?! :roll: Xx

I recently got a sticker for the back of my car that says I Love Rabbits and have had nothing but ctick from people about it. :evil:

Aww, No wonder why you're so angry Katherine :( I did a piece of c/work for college on Why rabbits didnt make suitable pets for children - I've been told to change it, because 'rabbits are for children' ?!! :evil: Felt like she was laughing at me too...Who's the weird one though - Missing out on bunny cuddles?! :roll: Xx

That's ridiculous!! I hope you stick by your guns and don't change it, I thought college was about being innovative, interesting and creating thought provoking work (or something like that) obviously not, it's just sticking to mainstream viewpoints. Pathetic! :roll:

I have a "friend" who a particularly arrogant *** as it is, but if I am ever chatting to him he asks about Bobbin in the most patronising way imaginable... he takes the **** and when I get angry he accuses me of over reacting :shock: :?

It is ridicolous, but then all animals used in :censored: pies are made fun off, as are smaller critters like rats, hammies etc!:cry:

Keep trying, its all we can do, and kudos to you for doing it!:D

That's disgusting, I would demand that another tutor marks your work and that you are not changing it as you are more experienced in the situation than they are, just as they are (or are meant to be) as teaching!!!

I reckon you should start a new topic on here about the situation and change your coursework by adding our comments to it :lol: :lol:

Bunnies are the best pets in the world in my opinion and it's so sad that people who have dogs and cats think we are ridiculous for preferring rabbits :censored:

I think it's because people don't know much about rabbits. It seems most people had a rabbit as a child that lived in a hutch and was percieved as boring. They then never bother to get to know rabbits personality. It's all down to ignorance I think.

Back