• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this a good thing - food? Edit - what to do now????

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
I've just finished swapping Evo over to A&P from Science Selective, but I've noticed that now he's taking all morning to eat the same amount of A&P, when he would eat the SS in an hour or so. Is it anything to worry about?

Last edited:
Personally I would see it as a good thing because he's less likely to rush his food and choke on a piece or something like that.

Do make sure he's eating enough tho'

:shock: mines gone in about two minutes.

Is he eating everything else ok? He may just not like them as much but I'm always dubious if mine change their eating habits as its usually something teeth orientated.

All of my rabbits are on Allen and Page, and most of them scoff their pellets in seconds.
BB and Joey have been the hardest pair to change over as they were on the Super Burgess. They now have half and half and I've noticed that the Burgess disappears straight away, and they'll pick on the A&P throughout the day.
I think it's a bit like swapping favourite sweeties with boiled cabbage:lol:

I think they don't taste so good, it took a while before mine would eat them :lol:

Alvins not taken to the change to well himself.... much like me when i decided to eat better...... excel = yummy pizza, A & P = broccoli ewwwww

took my tastebuds a while and i read rabbits got loads more than us so itll take a while i reakon...... just makes them eat more hay anyhows...lol

:shock: mines gone in about two minutes.

Is he eating everything else ok? He may just not like them as much but I'm always dubious if mine change their eating habits as its usually something teeth orientated.

He is still munching his hay fine (he doesn't have veggies). I'm hoping that he'll forget his SS once he's had just A&P for a few days.

Ok, this morning he is showing his distaste at being given "just" A&P that he is throwing his bowl around and not eating any of it. :roll: I don't know whether to try him on the "new" SS now, or persevere with the A&P. He is still eating everything else, so it's not that he's not eating because he's poorly.

Ok, this morning he is showing his distaste at being given "just" A&P that he is throwing his bowl around and not eating any of it. :roll: I don't know whether to try him on the "new" SS now, or persevere with the A&P. He is still eating everything else, so it's not that he's not eating because he's poorly.

Alvin digs his out onto the floor... obviously looking for something better... ste has witnessed him munching on it so its just the getting used to a new taste i think.... if your bun eating plenty of hay and veg id stick with it.. if not id be tempted to use both types of pellets for a while equal portions of each at least then hes getting some food....

Hmmm Evo knows what he wants :lol:

Is there any particular reason you wanted to change him over? Some buns are happy on JUST hay so I guess there wouldn't be any harm in sticking with it foor a couple of days. He might eventually realise that he's not getting anything else...what do they put in that SS? Mine go bonkers for it. :rolleyes:

Hmmm Evo knows what he wants :lol:

Is there any particular reason you wanted to change him over? Some buns are happy on JUST hay so I guess there wouldn't be any harm in sticking with it foor a couple of days. He might eventually realise that he's not getting anything else...what do they put in that SS? Mine go bonkers for it. :rolleyes:

He wouldn't eat the SS when the pellets got bigger and harder.... he would eat the old stuff, but not the "new" recipe, even though the manufacturers reckoned they hadn't changed it. He is eating plenty of hay still.

oh dear...he'll have to get used to A&P then. Aren't there any others out there or are these the best two? I know they are the ones normally mentionaed on here.

Most of mine are still disgusted that the SS has disappeared :roll: and it takes most of them several hours to empty a bowl that was previously gone in seconds..

I know everytime I change over my rabbits food they always seem disgusted :roll:

Kira was happy on excel jr and didn't seem to want to try SS, she got used to it a little by now but to get her eating it to start with she made me break each pellet up into smaller pieces :roll:

Mine hated the new SS so I mixed the old bag with the new - and they left the new pellets!! :shock: I couldnt even tell the difference by looking at them. I just left them with it, they eat it now cos they know if they dont they'll be living on hay :lol: X

Have you ever tried a treatball Laura? When i changed mine over i put the mixture in a treatball so they just ate what came out. Now they are just excited that something falls out the ball they always eat their A&P very quickly. I dont give them very much either too... they have 1 of my small handfuls to share between all 3 of them.;)

Mine hated the new SS so I mixed the old bag with the new - and they left the new pellets!! :shock: I couldnt even tell the difference by looking at them. I just left them with it, they eat it now cos they know if they dont they'll be living on hay :lol: X

That's exactly what Evo did! :lol:

Have you ever tried a treatball Laura? When i changed mine over i put the mixture in a treatball so they just ate what came out. Now they are just excited that something falls out the ball they always eat their A&P very quickly. I dont give them very much either too... they have 1 of my small handfuls to share between all 3 of them.;)

Evo only has a very small handful and no veg. He seemed a bit better about it yesterday, so I'll see how he likes it today.

why have you changed ? mady and moses are on SS

oops - should hve read the rest of this thread before asking that ! :roll: :lol:

Last edited:
Back