• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Princess Caramel Gave Me A Scare Last Night!

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
I got in from work a little after 21.30 and my baby didn't seem her normal self. I gave her her nightly greens and she turned her nose up at them :shock: This never happens. Anyway I felt her tum but I don't really know what I am looking for. Anyhow Becki soon came to the rescue and advised Infacol which I was on my way out to get. I had also contacted Sooz22 and came home althogether from their advise and my own thoughts, fresh pineapple juice, parsley and Infacol.

Princess just seemed to be sat real awkward, its hard to explain and seemed to be a bit "starey into space".

Literally within 10 mins of her Infacol she was chasing the cat and eating!?!?!?!

I don't know what I would have donw without Sooz and Becki. I would like to take this opportunity to thank them.

Was this GI Stasis? How does this differ from bloat? She seems ok today she has eaten and there are poops?

Stasis is where the intestines come to a complete standstill and food and feaces stop passing through and being processed which can lead to a build up of food, feaces and hair/foriegn objects if consumed in the gut. This material can usually be felt in the stomach by palpating the abdoinal area.

Bloat is a build up of gas, more like a tummy upset or colic which is uncomfortable and the pain can put a rabbit off its food. Infacol is great for use in bloat as it helps to break down the gas but is also inert and not absorbed into the actual body so its very, very safe to use.

I think what caramel had was a minor stomach upset....certainly not stasis but it may have been a little bit of bloat.

Well Sooz thankyou once again for all your help. She has eaten and pooped well overnight. There was a clump of dried poops and also some small ones but we seem fine for now. xxxxxxxxxxx

Back