• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D on the left alone hungry bunny

holidayhutch

Warren Veteran
Have had a call from a very nice RSPCA Inspector this morning who has been out to visit them. The owners have been given a wake up call, advised to get a new hutch better food etc.. He said the bedding I had put in over the weekend was still there so it was difficult to say to the guy he was doing anything wrong other than hutch being too small and leaving it like they did.

On the plus side they had got it some new food too and it was felt that if it was fed on that with new accomodation it should be ok. They are going to be checked on again and also a quiet word was had with a couple of the neighbours and they will now be keeping an eye on it too and have been asked to call if any concerns, they didn;t even know there was a rabbit there because of where it is hidden away.

Not ideal I know as bunny has stayed, but hopefully it is the wake up call they needed and I feel happier knowing they are going to be monitored.

As you say hopefully the inspector calling round will give them the wake up call they need!

Hopefully he will return and check up on them, but I don't know if that is how they work?

Hannah

at least they got out there asap ...:) :)

legaly they have to give them a chance to sort things ...i think :? :?

lets hope theyve listened :roll:

well done :thumb:

that's what RSPCA did with my neighbour when I reported her, and she has indeed looked after their rabbit better since - when you know people are watching it does make a difference so fingers crossed this bunny has at least the basics in future.

is this the poor little bunny you discovered while pet siiting their other animals? you didn't opt for the bunny napping then ?;) at least the rspca have been on the ball and this bun has a chance

Well done, hopefully they will either care for the bunny now or pass it over to the rspca as they know that the rspca are watching and the owners will probably be paranoid the rspca are wacthing their other animals too!

I think the rspca will only apply for a warrant to remove an animal on the first visit if it is pretty much at point of no return :evil:

Back