• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

good price?

kimd6200

Banned
hi just had a quote off a bloke who builds hutchs in stoke on trent n fir a 5ftx2ft two storey he wants 90 pounds.to me that sounds brill but my mate says its expensive?wat do you lot recon?x

Thats really good, my grandad built a 6 x 2 single story for me and it cost £100 just for the materials- he obviously didn't charge me for labour :lol:

I'd ask what he's making it out of though, mine's pretty solid, it weighs a tonne.

my mum had a 5ft single made by him.its very thick wood.sooo heavy to pick up.he never uses plywood.says its no good.x

whats wrong with plywood? Mine's got a 2x2 frame and plywood sides but they're really thick- not that rubbish thin stuff.

Nothing, it's just better if you have plywood, then tongue and groove fixed on top of that. Plywood's OK if you keep the wood treated with a really tough woodstain, but can soak up water if you just use 'animal friendly' products. Depends how long you want the hutch to last.

Amy

Nothing, it's just better if you have plywood, then tongue and groove fixed on top of that. Plywood's OK if you keep the wood treated with a really tough woodstain, but can soak up water if you just use 'animal friendly' products. Depends how long you want the hutch to last.

Amy

Ok. Would yacht varnish be hard enough thats what I have on the outside (they don't chew the outside) and they have litter trays on the inside :lol:

Back