• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on my vicious new nethie, Smokey

kerina

Warren Scout
Hi guys,

Just a quick update on Mr Grumpy Smokey Bun.

I went out to him last night to feed him. I fed him first so that he couldn't smell Blackeye on my hands.

I took his lid off, put a piece of carrot in front of him quickly and swapped his empty bowl for his dinner bowl - NO GROWLING AT ALL!!!!!! But then again, I didn't try to touch him at all, as I am taking the track that I'll leave him alone this week until he's settled in.

Cleaned him out this morning - removing him first and putting him in the washing basket with a small piece of carrot - just a few little grunts when I went to pick him up, but that was all.

So, I'm going to continue like this for the rest of the week and see how we go. Hopefully he will start to associate me with carrot and warm to me a little, then I can try bringing him into the kitchen to bond with me.

Blackeye is looking up too. He is eating, although he is doing very messy poos (he does this every 3 months or so) and needed a bit of a bum bath last night, which he seems to really enjoy - especially the hairdryer and the brushing. He is still not his usual self, but thank god he is eating!

Thanks for all your help.

Love

Kerina

Hey,

So glad that there is some positive news about Smokey.

I forgot to suggest that it may be worth using thick gardening gloves when your hands are in his cage. If he bites these and you don't react he may realise that biting is not worth it if there is no response from you. I apologise if you are already doing this!

Hang in there!

Back