• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help me :-(

Pringle

Warren Veteran
About a month ago i took pringle to vet with weight loss and vet said he needed teeth done so he got them done! well hes still not put on any weight and ive given him oats, food and his grass etc! what could it be :cry: took him to vets today and vet said shes confused, he weights 2kg where as before he was about 2.7kg :cry: she said she thinks his teeth are growing again, is it maybe change in food as i put him on SS instead of excel? or maybe because hes now with Sophie? would that make him loose weight? i know she pinches his food but ive made sure lately he gets it all, and more than usual but still no weight gain :cry: what do i do!!!!!!! do you think its because hes with sophie?:cry: im bamboozled and need help quick as im so worried :cry: just a reminder pringle does not eat hay :cry: xx

Did the vet check his teeh again?

Has he been wormed with Panacur and if so for how long?

Is he drinking more water or urinating more frequently?

Hes not been treated for that :( what is it and how do i treat him for it, i never watch him weeing and i dont think hes drinking more :? or what i see of him he isnt :cry: i just want to cry, he is always in the wars and i feel so sorry for him. Vet checked his teeth and said spurs are getting a bit long again but its only been 3 weeks or something and the last time that vet said that tracey my normal vet came and said they werent that bad. :cry:

I would suggest Panacuring him for at least 28 days if not 6 weeks incase its Encephalitozoon Cuniculi related weightloss which is associated with renal problems, though these usually present with excessive water intake and urination too.

Porridge made up with water is an effective aid to weight gain but insure it is fully expanded as i have had a rabbit balloon after eating porridge.

Ok thanks sooz, i may sound stupid but o i get panacur from vets, or shop? I am really worried, especially cause vet saying she doesnt know whats wrong :cry: xx

Can't offer any advice other than what Sooz has said - I'm in a similar boat with Silas at the moment, it's really worrying isn't it?! :(
Perhaps ask the vet to do blood tests for kidney function? or diabetes? :?

Thanks, im going to try panacur then if hes still skinny next week im taking him back! and getting tracey, i feel so sad at min :cry: :cry: feel so helpless. hes so lively in himself, im going to buy excel and mix it with ss to see if that helps to as i think he prefers excel xx

Hope Silas is ok to :( xx

Hi Pringle
We had a little nethie that suffered with dental spurs and she would lose some weight each time. The vet suggested Critical Care to support her and to restore the balance of her gut culture. Regaining weight was slow but this stuff - expensive if bought from vet but can be found on line - seemed to help restore her health.

Thank you all for advice, pringle has just eaten a bowl of food, spinage, chives etc so hopefully he will start puting on weight, going to give him some oats later to help him.
he loves food as well :(. i bought some willow sticks but they dont seem interested in them:roll: :lol: just hoping i get him sorted :( xx

Back