• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harvey was going to be PTS

Luciuslop

Alpha Buck
Yesterday we went over to Bristol to look at a dwarf lop who was living with a lady who runs a pet boarding service but also takes in rescues. As previously mentioned I have been looking for a new bun and have been dithering about which way to go, ie rescue centre versus ' free to good ' in Adtrader,etc. Anyway, I saw this bun advertised in the rehoming section on here and thought that as he is already neutered,vaccinated and has previously lived as a housebun he might be a good choice for Theo.

However ......... this is who we came home with instead. Just look at him ....who could not want him, he is absolutely gorgeous :love: :love:
harv3.jpg

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

The lady who runs the boarding/ rescue told me that he was handed in a few days previously as his owners no longer wanted him and were going to have him PTS :evil: He was bought as a child's pet and child soon got bored and mum got fed up with feeding/cleaning. They said he is 'unmangeable', whereas he is in fact a huge cuddle bun :love: :love: He is approx 5 years old and I think he is possibly a Frenchie cross ? He was kept in a cage similar to a Freplast 120,which for a large rabbit like that him is way too small :evil: I don't think he was let out, or played with - he has no idea what toys are :( The owners did feed him though - lots of food. And lots of food plus no excerise equals one very overweight bunny :( Its really odd that they cared enough to keep feeding him and even cared enough to get him vaccinated 4 months ago and yet they were going to have him PTS because they didn't want him.
harv1.jpg

harv2.jpg

harv4.jpg

I just can't stop cuddling him, he is so wonderful :oops:

How cruel, they were going to have him pts! Shame on them!
It's their loss now cos he's a beautiful bun!
:D

He is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!:D And well done YOU for giving him the loving Forever Home that he deserves!!!!!:D :D

:wave: Hello Harvey - you are ADORABLE!
he looks very settled at yours already. Congratulations on giving him his forever home.

Andrea
x

Here is the ' unmanageable ' and ' unhandleable ' bunster :lol: :lol:

harvey3.jpg

this pic shows off how overweight he is :( He looks like he is pregnant:oops:

harvey1.jpg

He is settling in really well :love: :love:

Back