• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Greedy Bun

leeanderin

Mama Doe
We've brought Rubens and Dilbert indoors for the winter and had them running around the living room last night, i put down two chunks of carrot on the floor for them to nibble, Dilbert grabs his and goes running into the cage to eat it, Rubens comes over to the carrot and eats it on the spot, the next thing i know Dilbert flashes past in a blur, swipes Rubens' carrot from his mouth and does a runner, poor Roo was sat there with a look on his face saying 'where did it go?'. At meal times Dilberts always first to the bowl and pushes Rubens out the way, they don't fight over the food Rubens always just looks lost though once Dilbert swipes it. I don't want Rubens to go hungry and Dilbert to turn into fat white fluff ball, is there anything i can do with him to discourage him from stealing Roos food.:roll:

Note: Roo is our pet name for Rubens:D

Two bowls? Feed at seperate areas of the hutch/room?

Hide the food so they have to search for it?

Two bowls? Feed at seperate areas of the hutch/room?

Hide the food so they have to search for it?

I've always fed them from the same bowl but could try separate ones and i've not tried hiding it. The feeding at separate areas might work but Dilbert eats twice as quick as Rubens so comes bounding across to finish of Rubens' once he's finished his.
For such a little bun it's amazing how much dilbert can eat so quickly.

Back