• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

school talk...rabbits?

hello all

just wondered for your thoughts on this...

was reading my sons newsletter from school and it has reptile rescue on it. some woman is going to come in with lizards and turtles etc to talk about them i gather.

gave me the idea about maybe doing one on rabbits for parents and children to realise they are not a low maintence and easy pet. i know of many people who do have rabbits at the school...remember some woman in nursery saying how her rabbit was pregnant and would give the children something ''to do''over the summer hols!!!
i know jill did one for the scouts and again this helped push the idea further into my head
obviously id need the permission of the school first but a little lightbulb just popped above my head when i was reading the newsletter.

what do you all think? would it be a good idea? and do you think near easter would be a good time to do something like this hoping people who were considering getting an ''easter bunny'' may think twice?

I think its a really good idea and at any time of the year as a lot of people seem to by rabbits on a whim, not just at easter. Children really do take information in well and not only could it show them how much work a rabbit can be it may also help "***** the conscience" of those with rabbits at home already who may be getting a bit neglected.

Go for it:D

My mum works in a childrens centre in Barnsley and asked if Angie (bunnymadhouse) could take some buns and piggies to do a talk so am sure that other places would like it too. Think my mum asked so she could have a cuddle with the buns tho!!!!

Helen x

Back