• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cant find anyone to spay her! u/d - solved ty thea

well!! i changed my vets because when i was ringing around i found one who said yes they would spay snowbelle, plus they were cheaper for vaccinations etc.
anyways i was close to the vets the other day so nipped in to book an appointment. the receptionist was out to lunch i guess because the vet herself came to the desk. and she told me no she didnt really want to spay - would rather neuter the buck. so told her he was already done. she said unless snowbelle was really agressive then she would be unwilling to do it as she would be unlikely to pull through and didnt want to take the risk. and the receptionist shouldnt have told me they would do it (i head a headslamming emoticon!)
so i can find no vet in my town who is willing to spay her! i cant really go out of town as i dont drive and seems all vets prefer you to register and stay with them and wont just do 1 opp for you.
so annoyed i thought id found someone to get her done and then it all goes pear shaped!
i just dunno what to do now

Last edited:
It between Kettering and Northampton and takes about 20mins from Corby (traffic dependant).Im not too sure of the other vets in Corby area as we are in Desbobrough I'm afraid so probably not much help..sorry!

do you know if they would just do the one opp for me viki or want me to be with them all the time. i cant keep myself with a vet that far off as i dont drive and cant rely on people to drive me that far for injections or any other health reasons.

phill - the vets i was with said it was too much of a risky opperation and bucks were simple to do - these vets also deal with a rescue which is afew miles away and their does are not spayed - just males are neutered.

and the vet i newly registered with said snowbelle would be unlikely to pull through and was a bigger risk factor than a buck. said unless snowbelle became really agressive she wouldnt do the opp

oh thanks :D ill give them a ring right now

well i only asked about staying with the vet because when i asked this new one she got abit ermm funny with me and said no we wouldnt do it if you werent registered and wanting to stay with us:shock:

EDIT -
just rang them and they said yep fine we can do that!:D
looks like im going to have to bribe me mate to take me over and maybe do some shopping while we waiting lol.
great stuff thanks so much. going to ring up again in new year to get here booked in :thumb: they also said it wouldnt be a problem just doing the opp aslong as they could have my vets details to ask them anything

Last edited:
Just register with them get her spayed, take her for her aftercare and then don't go back if you don't want to. Can't pets be registered at more than one vets? I'm sure people with rescue's don't use the same vets all the time.

EDIT -
just rang them and they said yep fine we can do that!:D
looks like im going to have to bribe me mate to take me over and maybe do some shopping while we waiting lol.
great stuff thanks so much. going to ring up again in new year to get here booked in :thumb: they also said it wouldnt be a problem just doing the opp aslong as they could have my vets details to ask them anything

That's fantastic! I've always liked the sound of them but they are a little too far for me. I like how they are purely a cat and rabbit clinic, no doggies to scare the poor buns! :thumb:

Back