• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oat Hay Suppliers

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
Has anyone got any Oat Hay from anywhere except the Hay Experts? I got a little bag and the buns love it so I had to ration it out! But its so expensive, do you know of anyone that does it cheaper?

Thanks very much

Helen x

I usually get the Bunny Basics own - but as you can see on my other post I can't find it on the website at the moment. I will update when they reply. I really really hope it comes back!

Thanks have just looked at Pampered piggies. do you know if its as nice as the Oxbow stuff from T.H.E as it smells so good I nearly ate it!!! Its loads cheaper from PP so might try a bag and see if it goes down as well.

I havent had the Oxbow but all my buns adore the burns. Postage is so cheap too from PP and the Xmas stuff is fabby ! :oops: :lol:

I'm afraid my two don't like the Burns stuff as much as the Bunny basics or Oxbow stuff. It's much softer (more like Timothy than the stalky type) and has lots of small stuff chopped up in. They used to LOVE the Burns, until they changed the 'recipe' because to the chopped soft stuff. But i agree if your buns like Burns go for it - it's a huge bag and is cheap.

Thanks have just looked at Pampered piggies. do you know if its as nice as the Oxbow stuff from T.H.E as it smells so good I nearly ate it!!! Its loads cheaper from PP so might try a bag and see if it goes down as well.

Mine prefer their hay from pampered piggies :D They love the burns oat hay :lol:

Which brand sells the softer oat hay? I'm wondering whether my Harvey might like the soft stuff as he has dental probs. Could you tell me who sells the soft oat hay please?

Thank you.

Huggles,

Nicola and Harvey.
xxx

Burns is def softer. They changed over to it because more guineas and buns prefer it apparently. It also suits dental buns that way.

preston loved the BB oat hay but i must admit the last bag wasn't as good as usual. tried the alfafa king new oat, wheat & barley from the hay experts and he went bonkers for it. definitely got the paws up from a very fussy hay muncher and good value too given how compressed it is! :D

Back