PDA

View Full Version : The seed fantastic fundraiser - We did it!

woodstock
26-11-2007, 10:53 AM
A friend has kindly donated some packets of vegetable and fruit seeds to me... however, I wasn't expecting the box to be so big! So if you would like some seeds, I will be selling them off to raise money for Rabbit and Guinea Pig Welfare (RNGP) in Rugby.

All packets are in code (expire end 2008 ), and start at RRP: 99p, the most expensive packet i've found so far is about RRP: £3.

You can select the exact veg you want (I really do think I have everything!) with the following prices:

All packets 50p except runner beans
Runner bean packets all £1

Or you can have a lucky dip:

Rabbit safe seed packet lucky dip (grow some veg for your buns!):
5 packets £2
15 packets £5

General lucky dip
10 packets £3
20 packets £5 thats 25p per packet!

Postage 50p

Payment by Internet transfer, cheque, cash to HSBC branch.

rabswood
27-11-2007, 06:08 PM
I will take:

General lucky dip
10 packets £3

Please pm me an address to post a cheque to and how much for postage.
Can't remember if youv'e stated who the cheque should be payable to?

Rabswood

woodstock
02-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks Rabswood!

You have a pm

I was begining to think that noone was going to help me with this huge box of seeds! :lol:

janice
02-12-2007, 08:12 PM
What veggies have you got?

woodstock
02-12-2007, 11:57 PM
What veggies have you got?

Pretty much everything.... that you can get in seed form, and lots of runner beans too....

It's probably easier if you list the veggies you would like checked, and i'll go have a riffle through the box and can list the varieties i've got :lol:

TheGaffer
03-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Hi,

could you check if you've got Spring Greens, Carrots, Broccolli, any herbs?

woodstock
03-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Hi,

could you check if you've got Spring Greens
yep

, Carrots,
yep

Broccolli,
hmm - off the top of my head, I can't remember, but I'll check tonight (i'd be very surprised if there aren't any)

any herbs?
yep

:)

These would be likely contenders for the 'rabbit safe' lucky dip

Oldie Bunny
03-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Please can I have 5 packets of rabbit lucky dip and 10 packets of general lucky dip.

I'd like to pay by bank transfer if you could let me have the details please!

woodstock
03-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Please can I have 5 packets of rabbit lucky dip and 10 packets of general lucky dip.

I'd like to pay by bank transfer if you could let me have the details please!

You have pm :)

TheGaffer
03-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Ok,

I'll have 15 rabbit safe and 20 general please. Can I pay by bank transfer too?

woodstock
03-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Ok,

I'll have 15 rabbit safe and 20 general please. Can I pay by bank transfer too?

You have a pm :D

KateB
03-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Oooh - can I have a rabbit friendly 5 pack please?

A request - no basil please, as it's already taking over my kitchen and there are little flies living in it that are taking over the rest of the house, despite the flypaper. grrr.

I've PM'd you my address, let me know where to send cheque

Thanks!
Kate

woodstock
03-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Oooh - can I have a rabbit friendly 5 pack please?

A request - no basil please, as it's already taking over my kitchen and there are little flies living in it that are taking over the rest of the house, despite the flypaper. grrr.

I've PM'd you my address, let me know where to send cheque

Thanks!
Kate

Kate - you have a pm :)

woodstock
03-12-2007, 09:22 PM
For reference, I have only put vegetables, and herbs as listed on these sites in to the rabbit safe lucky dip:

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rwf/articles/safefoods.htm

http://www.adoptarabbit.com/articles/packet/abcvegi.html

If anyone disagrees with the 'safeness' of any on their list please say so on here, and i will remove them from the rabbit safe lucky dip.

Thanks!

woodstock
03-12-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm just sorting the seeds in to rabbit friendly and 'not'... and I can confirm I have an absolute shed load of broccoli

woodstock
03-12-2007, 09:47 PM
**** SPECIAL OFFER ****
One free seed packet for all customers!

Tuesday-bun has custom selected and nibbled a number of seed packets from right under my nose (pesky bun), so on a first come first served basis, you will receive a bonus free packet of seeds.... with a Tuesday limited edition nibble in the corner. The seeds inside are packed in another paper envelope, so cannot escape.

:roll: Blooming bunnies! :lol: :lol: :oops:

Oldie Bunny
07-12-2007, 02:33 PM
My seeds are here, thank you very much! Can't wait until spring now....

janice
12-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Please can I have

Runner beans x 1 - £1
Rabbit safe seed packet lucky dip - 15 packets £5
General lucky dip 20 packets £5

I know you say postage is 50p ... but I would guess it will be more for this ... let me know what I owe you please .....

woodstock
12-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Please can I have

Runner beans x 1 - £1
Rabbit safe seed packet lucky dip - 15 packets £5
General lucky dip 20 packets £5

I know you say postage is 50p ... but I would guess it will be more for this ... let me know what I owe you please .....

You have pm!

Also, just a quick 'sorry' to those who haven't got their seeds yet - i was going to send them out first thing monday - but got side tracked! - i'll get the outstanding ones out tomorrow!

woodstock
13-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Rabswood, KateB - yours have just gone in the post!

woodstock
18-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Just a quick update - So far we have raised £15.14, and i've still got loads of seeds in my box!

Any more for any more?

KateB
18-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the seeds. I think Tuesday bun might have got the inner packet too on mine, so we'll have a pot luck area in the garden & see what grows! :D

Oooh - there's more seeds left (tries to work out how much of the garden can be used to grow yummy veggies.....)

woodstock
19-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the seeds. I think Tuesday bun might have got the inner packet too on mine, so we'll have a pot luck area in the garden & see what grows! :D

Oooh - there's more seeds left (tries to work out how much of the garden can be used to grow yummy veggies.....)

Norty Tuesday bun!
I think your 'Tuesday special' was red carrots (!) so all the loose ones will be those... i'll have to check the other nibbled packets now and see if they have escaped... Norty bun...! :no:

If you think you haven't got enough garden - i've still got hundreds of packets - If I don't get rid of more of them, i'm going to have to put raised beds on the roof at this rate! :lol: :lol:

Gem
24-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Thanks Anna, they arrived safely :thumb:

Plenty of seeds I haven't got in my collection :D

jpp
24-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Hi,

If you've still got them could I have 20 lucky dip and 15 rabbit safe.

If you’ve got French beans, butternut squash, broccoli and sprouts - would appreciate.

Please PM me with the amount inc postage and payment details and I can do this over the internet.

:D

woodstock
26-12-2007, 09:34 PM
:wave: you have pm!

woodstock
26-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Thanks Anna, they arrived safely :thumb:

Plenty of seeds I haven't got in my collection :D

:wave: glad to hear they arrived ok! :)
I might try and grow some marrow this year... just to see if i can!

woodstock
02-01-2008, 09:32 PM
At least half the box is still sat in my understairs cupboard!

Total raised £26.62 so far....

Come on people - give those green fingers a go! :lol:

jpp
02-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Received with thanks and bumping up.

Think we'd better get digging! :lol:

Gem
02-01-2008, 11:33 PM
At least half the box is still sat in my understairs cupboard!

Total raised £26.62 so far....

Come on people - give those green fingers a go! :lol:

As soon as I can get some money, I might get some more :)

nannybonk
02-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Hey please could I have,

Rabbit safe

15 packets £5

General lucky dip

20 packets £5

I will pay by bank transfer if you could pm me your details and let me know postage costs :)

Thank you,
Hannah

rngpwelfare
03-01-2008, 12:24 AM
Anna just a thought, I don't know about other people but I tend to get seeds and then forget to plant them at the right time.

So how about some sort of reminder, like it's January you can start these seeds.... February start these..... etc or is that going to make loads of work for you.:)

Just trying to think of ways to shift some more for you before Tuesday eats any more.:shock::)

woodstock
03-01-2008, 09:49 AM
As soon as I can get some money, I might get some more :)

:thumb:
You know you want... er... some of that veg that you haven't got yet... errr! :lol:

woodstock
03-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Hey please could I have,

Rabbit safe

15 packets £5

General lucky dip

20 packets £5

I will pay by bank transfer if you could pm me your details and let me know postage costs :)

Thank you,
Hannah

Blimey that was quick - i'll get them in the post tomorrow. Thanks!

woodstock
03-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Anna just a thought, I don't know about other people but I tend to get seeds and then forget to plant them at the right time.

So how about some sort of reminder, like it's January you can start these seeds.... February start these..... etc or is that going to make loads of work for you.:)

Just trying to think of ways to shift some more for you before Tuesday eats any more.:shock::)

Er.... I think you may be overestimating my skills as a gardener... My portfolio over the last two years was lots and lots of peas (I blame my Grand da for my love of peas straight out of the pod - and the supermarket ones just don't cut the mustard), potatoes (2006: great, 2007: blight tastic - although they were pretty water logged), and onions from sets.... and that's it! (ok, maybe the odd lettuce plant that bolted too)
My friend (who donated the seeds) used to own a garden centre, and saw a post (on a different forum) last year about my pea plants so that's how i ended up with them all! To say it's overkilled is an understatement, but it was very nice and generous of him to give them to me for free!

If someone else is a veg whizz, then please post away!

I've got my work cut out turning the veg plot into a raised bed area- well that's the plan anyway... if I ever get round to it :lol:

The seeds are now well away from the furry garbage bin (AKA Tuesday) :lol:... I broke rule number 1 (anything left on the lounge floor is fair game for rabbit chewing) which was why some of them round the edges got gobbled, so my bad!... Anyone sell rabbit muzzles? :lol: :lol: :lol: (i'm kidding!)

woodstock
12-01-2008, 05:34 AM
£48.84! Come on - lets' break £50!

Still loads left!

:)

Gem
12-01-2008, 08:06 PM
If someone else is a veg whizz, then please post away!!

I'll do it :wave:

Can I have the same amount I had last time please Anna? :)

woodstock
13-01-2008, 10:53 AM
I'll do it :wave:

Can I have the same amount I had last time please Anna? :)

You have pm! :)

Pringle
14-01-2008, 09:08 PM
I would buy some but i would fail in growing the veg :lol::lol::lol::lol:

woodstock
14-01-2008, 10:29 PM
I would buy some but i would fail in growing the veg :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like a challenge to me ;)

Right - how much money are we going to raise if Pringle can grow some veg? :lol:

rngpwelfare
14-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Lots I hope :D:D

Come on folks lets help Anna get rid of these seeds:D

Denny
15-01-2008, 05:15 PM
how does the internet transfer work?

woodstock
15-01-2008, 05:28 PM
how does the internet transfer work?

:wave:

It depends on if you have internet or phone banking set up with your bank. If you do, then I can give you my sort code and account number, and you can phone or log in to your bank online and send a payment that way. You could also pay cash or a cheque in at an HSBC branch with my acc no and sort code too if that's easier.

Denny
15-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Okey dokey, I will try the bank transfer first as I do internet banking:) if that fails then I will try and find a HSBC bank as I can honestly say I have never noticed one around here:oops:probably because they dont sell rabbit veg:lol::lol:

woodstock
16-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks to workmates taking on the challenge to grow some chilli peppers, we are now at £57.84!!!!

Lets get to £100!

Denny
16-01-2008, 02:08 PM
could I have the 15 rabbit safe ones for a fiver please Anna, and some detailed destruction on the internet transfer;):D

woodstock
16-01-2008, 02:17 PM
you have pm!

Denny
16-01-2008, 02:36 PM
you have pm!

So do you:thumb: thanks Anna, will have to go and get some miracle grow now as this is the only way I have managed to grow anything successfully:oops::lol:

woodstock
22-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Drpengie, Denny - your payments cleared yesterday so i'll get yours in the post tonight! :)

woodstock
25-01-2008, 12:21 AM
£73.65!!! that's almost 3/4 of the target!!!!

Well done everyone! - not far to go... so come on - there must be some of you out there still missing your seeds that you are desperate to grow ;)

(Gem - got your payment - they will be going in the post tomorrow :) )

Denny
25-01-2008, 10:05 PM
thanks Anna, received today:D:D:D

Gem
27-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Thank you Anna, recieved yesterday :thumb:

Very pleased to get some strawberries :D

drpengie
27-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks mine have arrived!!! Looking forward to growing the pumpkins!! :)

Diddeen
27-01-2008, 08:27 PM
I dont have much garden to dig up and grow veggies.. but what herbs or edible flowery plants do you have? Can you plant them all just in the ground or do you have to have tubs? Im really rubbish at gardening too... planted loads of seeds last year but didnt put what they were so no idea what grew and what didnt... They loved eating the Nasturtiums though :lol:

Diddeen
27-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Thank you Anna, recieved yesterday :thumb:

Very pleased to get some strawberries :D

Oooh strawberries.. wonder if they would grow in my garden. mmmmm

woodstock
28-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Glad to hear they arrived ok!

Dideen - i'm not sure it there are any more strawberries - i'll have a look in the box tonight - i'm sure there is some chamomile and some herbs kicking about.
Growing in tubs is fine - in fact for carrots it's the best idea as it helps to prevent carrot fly. Even potatoes can be grown in tubs - all you need to do is make sure you give each plant enough room and then look after them.

If you want a really random mix again, i can opens some packets and mix them up in a new bag ;) :lol:

woodstock
29-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Diddeen, i have chamomile, dill, garlic chives left on the herbs front. There are also peppers and 'spagehetti' plant (which i've never heard of before!)

halon
30-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Hiya,

I'd definitely like some chamomile, dill and chives. is that all you have left? I wouldnt mind any other rabbit safe flowers or fruit or maybe some chicory/carrots/beetroot/radishes.

thanks

woodstock
31-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Hiya,

I'd definitely like some chamomile, dill and chives. is that all you have left? I wouldnt mind any other rabbit safe flowers or fruit or maybe some chicory/carrots/beetroot/radishes.

thanks

The chamomile, dill and chives are the only herbs left (i did manage to shift a lot of herbs at work), but still loads of veg left. Definitely carrots and radishes left and possibly chicory and beetroot - i'd have to check!
No more fruits either i'm afraid (tomatoes are a veg aren't they? :oops:)

halon
01-02-2008, 09:05 PM
I'll take them all if you have them.

Tomatoes are technically a fruit but generally considered to be a salad vegetable. But I know that I'd never be able to grow them. Actually i rather suspect none of the seeds will grow - I've had two pots of earth sitting on my windowsill for a couple of weeks,,, and may have to admit that there's nothing coming up. I'm not very green fingered unfortunately.

How do I pay you - do you have paypal?

woodstock
01-02-2008, 09:26 PM
halon - you have pm....

You can't mean all of them?! surely :shock: :lol:

woodstock
07-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Heather - they are on thier way!

Getting really close now!!! :D

halon
12-02-2008, 09:29 PM
seeds arrived thanks :D

woodstock
19-02-2008, 01:13 PM
seeds arrived thanks :D

:thumb:

Come on everyone else - the frost will soon be gone, and it will be planting season! Help me get rid of the last 30 or so packets!!!! please! :lol:

woodstock
19-02-2008, 09:32 PM
To help shift some of the last seeds, here is an idea of some of what is left:

cucumber
parsnip
pumpkin
spinach
brocolli
spinish beet
greens
carrot
cauliflower
brussel sprouts
cougette
broad bean
french bean
runner bean
cabbage
onion
leek
pepper
spagetti
marrow
tomato
beetroot
lettuce

and i've just counted up - i've 132!!! flippin packets of seeds left - i'm was being optimistic thinking i'd only got 30 left...

HELP ME!! I'M DROWNING IN SEEDS!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Deelove
20-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Can I have a rabbit safe lucky dip of 5 packs, or a random lucky dip of 10 packs. Depends on what's able to grow in pots, since our rented garden is all gravel. :lol:

I can give any bigger plant things to my Dad though. :) We have a HSBC account so could do the direct transfer thingy.

minirex
20-02-2008, 12:53 AM
To help shift some of the last seeds,

and i've just counted up - i've 132!!! flippin packets of seeds left - i'm was being optimistic thinking i'd only got 30 left...

:wave: I have an allotment, so would some veg seeds, how do I get them, pay you etc?

woodstock
20-02-2008, 01:30 PM
YeY!

I can get rid of more seeds! :lol::lol::lol:

duracell
20-02-2008, 04:07 PM
:wave:Could I get ten packets please (with some spinich for rats and cabbage for buns and onion to keep the pests away pretty please) If you PM me I will sent a direct transfer thingy. This is way cheaper than the garden centre Thanks!:D

woodstock
20-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Yey! more seeds to go! :lol::lol:

Thanks everyone! :wave:

woodstock
23-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Now only (!) 121 packets left! :lol::lol:

And now i've got 'it's the final countdown' stuck in my head :lol::lol::lol:
(buh buh buhhh buhhhhhh, buh buh bu bu buuuuhhh...)

Isabel
24-02-2008, 05:54 PM
OMG I totally forgot about this and nearly spent £3 on a pack of runner beans today! grrr. I'll be intouch when I have some money...is there a time limit on this?

woodstock
25-02-2008, 11:35 PM
107 packets left! :lol:

OMG I totally forgot about this and nearly spent £3 on a pack of runner beans today! grrr. I'll be intouch when I have some money...is there a time limit on this?

Oh- get your order in. There is no time limit as such, but i've already started to run out of the stuff that I have least packets of, so the longer you leave it the more likely it will be that they might have run out - I do have a good handful of runner bean packets at the moment :) If you do a General mix of 10 packs, plus £1 p&p, i'll make sure a couple of packs of beans are in there for you :wave: (as long as i have some left!)

babybunnies3
26-02-2008, 03:52 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Could I have 5 bun safe packs for £3 but ask for it to include brocolli, greens and lettuce? Don't mind what the other two are, and can I pay into your bank please :D

woodstock
28-02-2008, 09:24 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Could I have 5 bun safe packs for £3 but ask for it to include brocolli, greens and lettuce? Don't mind what the other two are, and can I pay into your bank please :D

Hi babybunnies3 :wave:
Can you pm me your address?

Thanks!

woodstock
28-02-2008, 09:42 PM
73 packets left!

duracell
01-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Mine arrived today, My son is over joyed! Thank you.

babybunnies3
03-03-2008, 01:35 PM
My seeds came saturday, thank you very much!!!!

woodstock
03-03-2008, 01:43 PM
We have broken £100!!!!!

Thank you everyone who has taken part, and i hope you get some good plants this year! (fingers crossed that there isn't terrible flooding this year!).

I still have 73 packets left, so if you do want some, pm me and i'll add any additional funds to the kitty. I'll see if some work colleagues want any more of the rest and see if i can get any more donations.

I will pass the donations across to Tracy at RNGP welfare in the next week or two!

Thankyou everyone!

rngpwelfare
03-03-2008, 02:37 PM
OMG thank you so much Anna for all your hard work in doing this fundraiser on behalf of us here at Rabbit and Guinea pig Welfare.

Thank you also to everyone who has bought the seeds.:D:D:D:D

lisa82
03-03-2008, 07:08 PM
I was bought a mini- green house for my birthday!! To start me off could I have 15 rabbit safe packets please, if you have enough left? Thanks :D

woodstock
03-03-2008, 11:43 PM
OMG thank you so much Anna for all your hard work in doing this fundraiser on behalf of us here at Rabbit and Guinea pig Welfare.

Thank you also to everyone who has bought the seeds.:D:D:D:D

:wave:
There will be some furry messengers of goodwill coming to see you soon :lol: Just not this weekend - i'm being whisked off to the isle of wight for our wedding anniversary :)

woodstock
03-03-2008, 11:43 PM
I was bought a mini- green house for my birthday!! To start me off could I have 15 rabbit safe packets please, if you have enough left? Thanks :D

Thanks for the order Lisa! I need another envelope now! :lol: