• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit going grey?!.....

Got told last night from my brother that one of my bunnies is going grey!..:shock:
Is there any cause to panic over this, he will be 4 years old this coming spring, which i dont think is partically old for a bunster?...
Could it be just his winter coat?, He is naturally a white bunny, with a dark black nose.
Starlite is known for changing some colouring in the summer, his nose goes from black to ginger:shock: but i have never known, or noticed him going grey before....

I'm guessing his coat is coming through a different shade of brown, his nose looks the same colour as Charlie's from your pic and his brown markings vary from a redish/ginger colour to a darker more greyish brown, he also has some dark grey bits that have come through more recently. I wouldn't worry about it.

Silver went grey as she got older,

All round her mouth and a fair bit of her nose went grey
Picture071-5.jpg

You can just about see the tips of her ears here, they were almost completely grey;
Picture072-3.jpg

Back