• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H - unbelieveable!

Julia123

Warren Veteran
Went to my local P@H on sat, usually use one near work which is fine, but this one......:shock: tiny pens one with 4 buns in and NO HAY ! Tried to remain open minded and mentioned to the assistant that one of the bun pens had run out of hay - in a helpful way. He told me that they had to take the hay rack out as it had afllen and injured one of the buns !!! :shock: First point, the same hay rack was still in pen next door and they are still selling them !!! Still trying to remain calm i suggested they just put some on the floor of the pen then - apparently they have guidelines on how much of anything to feed each day and that it !!! He said it was their business and they had guidelines so buns could have too much, tried to explain you can't give too much hay but he wasn't interested and by this time a que had gathered and my bf was trying to usher me out of the shop !!

I have an e-mail address on the back of my reciept so am going to complain tomorrow - but goodness me!!!!!

Don't get me started about P@H. Popped in for a new dog bowl at the weekend and they had 11 yes 11!!! buns all in one partition and only 2 in the other. I assumed this was because they had been sexed and there were more of one than the other, but someone was buying a pair and the sales assistant was picking them up and looking at their sexes to get a mixed pair for the person out of the part with 11 in.

Also in the adoption area, they had 5 buns, no food, one large dirty bottle laid on the floor and when I mentioned the unideal environment they were in, was told "It's only temporary, they get fed later when we close":censored:

Went to my local P@H on sat, usually use one near work which is fine, but this one......:shock: tiny pens one with 4 buns in and NO HAY ! Tried to remain open minded and mentioned to the assistant that one of the bun pens had run out of hay - in a helpful way. He told me that they had to take the hay rack out as it had afllen and injured one of the buns !!! :shock: First point, the same hay rack was still in pen next door and they are still selling them !!! Still trying to remain calm i suggested they just put some on the floor of the pen then - apparently they have guidelines on how much of anything to feed each day and that it !!! He said it was their business and they had guidelines so buns could have too much, tried to explain you can't give too much hay but he wasn't interested and by this time a que had gathered and my bf was trying to usher me out of the shop !!

I have an e-mail address on the back of my reciept so am going to complain tomorrow - but goodness me!!!!!

The exact same thing happened to me in the local P@H, I got nothing but grief when I pointed out that the bunnies had no hay and then one assistant even joined this forum to make a personal attack on me, so becareful because they are not very nice people and they know nothing about rabbits that's for sure!!

Complain to head office, it won't get you anywhere because they are all about making profit and to feed animals the basics they need costs money, enough said I think!!

Last edited:
lol i went in our local one the other day and this little nethie was humping anotherone. i hope it was just dominance sort of humping and not more serious :shock: :shock: , but if he was displaying signs of dominance does that not mean he's ready to be neutered???

the P@H where my parents live is pretty rubbish but the giant house bunny is kept in a bigger pen than the one at the P@H where i live.

The P@H where i live is pretty good, the staff are very helpful and know a lot about the animals they have, i was so suprised when i went in there because of their knowledge and care they take of their animals.

I try and stay out of P@H here, at the mo they have a giant bun and it was in a pen witha huge strip light above it the poor thing was panting it was so hot, it didn't have much hay and the info sign said '' giant house rabbit, not for children can grow up to 6kg and live up to 5years! I was like err yeh an the rest! It was a conti! so fullt grown would be over 6kg (considering my french lop and my new zealand white are both well over 6kg) and could live longer than 5 years! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i had to leave the shop!

going to be nipping into my local one later and always make sure i check on the buns - everytime their water bottles are green and filthy! one of the bottles had been knocked down and a bunch of rabbits were trying to get water out of it when the bottle was on its side. needless to say i found someone and told them the problem.
if the water bottles are still in the same awful condition im going to be ringing the HQ myself later on.

Back