• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can I stop my doe * bothering * my buck?

Rex Rabbity

Warren Scout
I have a 2 and a half year old fawn Rex buck (Flopsy) and a same age black doe (Millie). They get on great, but she is often humping him and pushing her nose under his bum! She really dominates him and many times will lay on top of him!

They have bonded and been together for five months now. I thought her behaviour would have calmed down by now. They seem ok in the hutches, but in open spaces she is still bothering him! He sometimes runs off, but does not seem stressed about it. She is unspayed and he is neutered. I never had the problem before with Willow (Flopsy's previous partner), she was a spayed black Rex doe. Could it be a one off, or is it something to do with her not being speyed?

She needs speying....its dominant behaviour comin from her hormones.

Hav eher speyed and not only will you remove the chance of uterine cancer but within a couple of months this behaviour will stop.

Remember they must be kept together during her spey and both go to the vets else they may un-bond.

I agree that spaying her will not only reduce her 'hormonal behaviour' but will also have great health benefits in protecting her from Uterine infections and cancer

Janex

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking in the back of my mind that this would be the answer. I'm just a little nervous about putting her under GA. Does anyone know a rough guideline as to how much it costs for spaying?

Back