• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*Five Week* Old Bun For Sale- West Bromwich :-( U/D + Deformed Baby Bun

I could take the mini lop if it could be got here as i have a spare hutch?
shame hes so far away ickle man xxx

Not sure about the second, but wouldn't the first just be supporting backyard breeders and be like buying from a petshop? :?

I think at 5 weeks old if they ended up in the hands of someone who didn't know better they wouldn't stand a chance or would get sickly very quickly :( perhaps that's what Jane's getting at?

I think at 5 weeks old if they ended up in the hands of someone who didn't know better they wouldn't stand a chance or would get sickly very quickly :( perhaps that's what Jane's getting at?

But at the end of the day we can't go around giving money to people like this for the same reason as we shouldn't to petshops - we may be able to save, for example, 5 of them but that money gives them the funds, space and most importantly motivation to breed another 5 which could go to anyone unless you carried on taking them and taking them.

I have telephoned the first advertiser
The Rabbit is apparently now 9 weeks old and is the result of a litter from 2 mis-sexed Rabbits bought from a Petshop

Janex

Thanks Jocelyn :D I was/am concerned that a 5 week old Rabbit would be up for sale. Regardless of the Rabbit's origins at 5 weeks he/she should still be with their Mum.
Looks like the Bun is older though

Janex

But at the end of the day we can't go around giving money to people like this for the same reason as we shouldn't to petshops - we may be able to save, for example, 5 of them but that money gives them the funds, space and most importantly motivation to breed another 5 which could go to anyone unless you carried on taking them and taking them.

I guess so.. but it's all a vicious circle really isn't it. A bun in need is a bun in deed.. or something :lol:

Babies should CERTAINLY be with their Mum at 5 weeks, I wouldn't consider seperating them unless for exceptional circumstances.

Poor things :(

I don't have proper computer access at the moment but I could take the disabled bun if someone could arrange this for me:wave:

Im picking up the 13 week old deformed bun on saturday. I spoke to the lady on Tuesday, she is very nice and cares alot about where this bunny goes. She thinks he became deformed from being squashed in the womb. I wont be bonding him with Billy & Gizmo after the last disasterious bonding attempt. He also needs to be neutered.

Back