• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO of owners with Ferplast 140cm cage

bunny_scabbit

Warren Scout
hi, i am after a favour.

would someone who has this cage please provide me with the actual measurements. i have got them as advertised on a website but a previous purchase of a bunny cage was misleading with the measurements provided.

also, what part of the cage can be opened for exit, is it the front panel?

thanks

look at this:

http://www.petcentreonline.co.uk/ecommerce/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=186

Very similar to mine (but slightly bigger) which is currenly used for two of my buns at the moment. Think mine is the rabbit 120 - it opens at the front - two separate opening sections so you can keep one shut and the other open - link to teh one I have:
http://www.petcentreonline.co.uk/ecommerce/Scripts/prodView~idproduct~246.htm
Lovely size for my pair to sleep in as they are teeny tiny!! (1.5kg and 1.8kg sizes)

DSC00530WinCE.jpg

I actually now have a set up to put in place using puppy pen panels which in total has cost me abotu £70... gives them a bit more room and slots into the corner of my room a treat :D got all the panes separaety so I coudl chose the size since I was getting nowhere with the ready made pens - just would not fit!! - heres the link for more info :D
http://www.croftonline.co.uk/mcp/Showman_puppy_pens.html

Hope that helps :D

Last edited:
thanks for your message.

i have noted the measurements as advertised but if someone actually has this cage i would be grateful if they could measure it and advise if it measures up to what it is advertised as.

thanks for your message.

i have noted the measurements as advertised but if someone actually has this cage i would be grateful if they could measure it and advise if it measures up to what it is advertised as.

I'm sure that's the cage I have, give me two ticks and I'll brb.:D

Just to say and that Emerson's Pet Centre sell animals in-store if, like me, you don't support shops that sell pets (if you're looking at ordering it online)
I don't have the Ferplast one but I got the Zoo-store (Ebay shop) alternative which is handy as it has doors on front too. Not sure if it's the same measurements though

Hi

I have a Ferplast 140. Can't take measurements right now as my cat is fast asleep on my knee and I can't move! As soon as he wakes up I'll measure.

It has two fairly small openings on the top which seems crazy for such a big cage, but the whole front lifts up so that helps.

Will be back with measurements as soon as Ollie wakes up!

:)

I have one, I have just measured it. It is 140 long x 69 deep and 47 high. I got mine from zooplus.co.uk

I have one, I have just measured it. It is 140 long x 69 deep and 47 high. I got mine from zooplus.co.uk

thanks for that. it is not much but slightly different from that advertised.

would you say the height is good for your bun(s) though?

preston is currently in a cage that is 50cm tall and i want to give him more space, not take some away, especially from the height

thanks for that. it is not much but slightly different from that advertised.

would you say the height is good for your bun(s) though?

preston is currently in a cage that is 50cm tall and i want to give him more space, not take some away, especially from the height

The height is fine for my 2. Buttons who is a Dutch and Snowy who is a cashmere lop live in it. It comes with a little plastic house which is really only suitable for piggies so I took it out and they have a wooden box in there for them to hide in, but they spend most of their time sat on top of it.

Back