• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch covers

Sue&Sooty

Wise Old Thumper
I am sick of looking at a pile of bubble wrap and plastic at the end of my garden :roll: so I have emailed a guy off ebay who makes hutch covers (link I got through here;) )

Just wanted to know if the people who have hutch covers are pleased with them? Also do you add any additional layers to keep buns warm in the cold weather?

Mine have got the Scratch and Newton ones and I have found them really good. They are totally waterproof.

They have got hutch/run combi's so I just cover the run bit with tarpaulin but nothing else on the actual hutch covers. They also have a snugglesafe when really cold.

If its the man on ebay who does the made to measure ones that come in either blue or green - I have one.

I just used to use a garden sheet to cover at night before it started to get cold but once my new cover came it was great. It is covered back, sides and front and insulates the hutch as well as keeping it rainproof. It has a rain cover on the front which has been brilliant lately with all rain - it means he can still see outside but not get wet. You can also remove this during the summer. It also has a night time cover which is very secure. It has air holes in the front. I actually forgot to give for overhang when I ordered mine but am glad I did as its only the corner bits that are a little bit uncovered and more air can get in.

Hope this has been of help.

I use the Scratch & Newton ones too - think it is great & completely protects my bun & his hutch - I have a snuggle cover as a double layer as well to keep out the cold.

The rescue has the made to measure ones - really good.
Lou adds a layer of bubble wrap underneath stapled to the hutch for extra insulation, and covers all sides of the runs in the same.

Well I have just ordered a thermal cover for my double hutch and it only costs £63 :shock: :D It is a custom made one complete with rain cover and night cover for the front. I am impressed at the cost, the S & N were almost £100 before delivery costs.

Well I have just ordered a thermal cover for my double hutch and it only costs £63 :shock: :D It is a custom made one complete with rain cover and night cover for the front. I am impressed at the cost, the S & N were almost £100 before delivery costs.

Was that from the e-bay guy>? I'm just sending my measurements to get a quote.

Yep.. he got back to me really quickly too. I sent him the measurements and a photo of my set up so he could see just what I was after

I'm going to be so skint, snugglesafe, dog crate, christmas presents, hutch cover, it's a good job I love my buns :lol:

:lol: :lol: They cost a fortune don't they!! :lol: :lol:

I've just got sick of looking at a pile of bubble wrap at the end of the garden

Back