• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a pair and two singles.. ALL tips welcome!! U/D days leading up to intro

emjay

Warren Scout
Hi All :wave:

You may have seen some of the threads about me adopting both Nancy adn Scampi (now Poppy and Benjamin - hope you dont mind the new names Fran and SJ :? )

At the moment both Poppy and Benjamin are living separate from each other in the back room whilst Charlie and Molly, the pair, are living in the front room.

Benjamin is due to be neutered on Tuesday whilst Poppy is already done.At the moment Poppy and Benji are getting to know each other through the pen and after a week of getting 'excitable' with each other they pretty much ignore each other or else sleep together either side of the bars - good sign!

Whilst I have time on my side I am thinking of a plan of what to do and tips/suggestions would be greatly welcomed!! I have also had some FAB advice from others including CottonMather :D
After Benjamin is neutered I will begin to let my pair into the back room so they can all get used to each others smells, this will happen for just under 2 weeks, before beginning the actual bonding in my bath tub starting w/e of 7th December.
Hopefully the interim 'smelling' will help with the bonding process.

I was also considering 'spotting' each bun with a diluted bunny (flower essences) scent (awaiting delivery) to help with the bonding in the bath tub.

When bonding is complete (note the confidence!) the buns living area will be new.. i.e. the well cleaned pen that Poppy is now living in, instead of the existing cage etc... so hopefully this will create another neutral territory to minimise squabbles when they reside in their sleepign area. All flooring and sleeping beds will also be brand new so no chance for pre-scenting.

Does this sound to you guys like a good plan or is there anything I should change or add?

When it comes to the bath tub, it will be filled with fresh hay and treats and I will be on hand with some oven gloves and a book :lol: If necessary I will be takignthem all out in the car for a ride... should this be the first port of call before the bath I wonder?

All advice greatly appreciated - thanks :D

Last edited:
Sounds good :D I'd stick them in the bath for a bit and then take them in the car afterwards if I were you. Wishing you guys luck with the bonding, really hope it works out :D

Thanks Fran :D Really hoping it works too :D
As i'm sat here typing Poppy is fast asleep - think she's dreaming bless her. Nope just woke up :lol:
They are both little sweeties, really hope they are all together and happy by Christmas so we can all sit and open pressies together :D

Bless her, miss her so much. Been feeling very lonely today and her not being here is much more noticeable :( Sounds like she's very happy and spoilt though :D

So sorry to hear you are feeling that way lovely... they do add so much to your home :D
She is very happy :D and I swear she smiles at me :lol:
Shes gonna love to be part of a group, as will the others.

Hope you are feeling better, early days yet with everything that has happened recently... you'll just have to pamper the other buns :D

Aww :love: Any chance of some photos of my little girl and your other beauties? ;)

I know. Was feeling better this week but I just seem to have taken steps back this weekend, just feel so empty without him and keep expecting him to be places, causing havoc, even though I know he can't be :cry: He was such a special boy and I honestly can't see myself adopting another cat for a very long time. Having a sh*t time with friends and other stuff too, just had enough really :(

I'll post some photies very soon :D Got a few on my phone just havent had tiem to put them on the laptop yet!! Lazy girl!! :oops: Just taking up all my tiem spending time with teh buns at the mo....

i'll PM you... :D

lol scampis brother is called benji, so its gunna be benji and benjamin lol!!
i would do everything youre doing. theres always a chance 2 boys wont work but as long as u do everything u suggested i think theyl b fine...if not... i dont think it will be bcus of what you did if that makes any sense?

yeh i want piccies too!!!:D

Lol forgot his brother was called Benji too :D

Think my main issue will be with Poppy and Charlie TBH... Benjamin and Molly are very similar in nature and will prob be bottom of teh pecking order... but who knows!!

Will get some piccies up soon soon :D

Help needed

Just bumping this up for more advice...

Have been reading loads of the threads on here past and present on bodning advice... and there seems to be both positive and negative arguments for bonding additional buns into an already happily bonded pair.

I am really nervous about doing it and need all the advice I can get :?

I have two buns (male/female) that have been bonded for almost a year... never any squabbles and bonded within abotu 30 mins and have been together ever since.
I am now about to introduce two singles - male and female. The plan is to put them in the bath tub together is this potentially too small for four??

They are all now neutered/spayed - Benjamin was done on tuesday and the others a long time ago.

It seems to me that it will be Poppy who will be the most 'difficult'. I have put the existing pair in the room with the singles in their beds twice and she seems to be the most aggravated. Benjamin just seems bewlidered but quite accepting. Tho Poppy was liek this with Benjamin at first and now they seem quite happy together through the bars of her pen. They lie side by side or ignore each other etc... My plan was to let the exisitng pair into the room each day for about a week before bonding so that they can get to kow each others smells etc... Poppy has already pulled a tuft off Charlie through the bars tho he didnt seem to want to retaliate. But I forsee big fights coming up :shock:

Has anyone got four bonded buns? and if so HOW did you do it? Tips and 'big no no's' would be very much appreciated.

Back